Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2007, 12:14 AM

Default 25NL: I missed my draw, but might I still be good?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($32.10)
UTG ($18.85)
MP ($13.70)
Hero ($22.20)
Button ($17.80)
SB ($31.55)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.75, Button calls $0.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.50, UTG calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3.85) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1, Button calls $1, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: ($6.85) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1, Button calls $1.

River: ($9.85) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

What's the plan on this river? I'd never bet it for value, but if villain donks out for 1$ again is a call acceptable?
(MP is a lagtard that never believes his opponents have anything, Button is a calling station and any draw, any ace, and 22 are within his range)
Old 03-05-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: 25NL: I missed my draw, but might I still be good?

I think $1 is almost worth knowing what hand he plays this way with.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I love passive tables like this because it often pays off to be a calling station, but sometimes I have to center myself to make sure I'm not overdoing it
Old 03-05-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I love passive tables like this because it often pays off to be a calling station, but sometimes I have to center myself to make sure I'm not overdoing it

[/ QUOTE ]

$1 in a $10 pot against guys that could easily have worse? Look elsewhere for your leaks.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$1 in a $10 pot against guys that could easily have worse? Look elsewhere for your leaks.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was more referring to preflop, at an aggressive table where a 3bet was likely calling here would be a big leak
Old 03-05-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was more referring to preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. Preflop is perfect. Don't do anything else.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was more referring to preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. Preflop is perfect. Don't do anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]
Against certain players at certain tables, 3betting is better on the button. Situation certainly doesn't call for it here, as there is still a player left to act that would have position on me, 2 players have shown interest in the pot, and the table is loose/passive so my fold equity is small.

In the actual hand river was checked down and I was good, but I really considered what kind of action I was willing to stomach on the river with the missed draw, not closing action, and a weak hand

If MP leads, how big am I willing to call not closing action? If MP checks and I check, what's my line if Button leads and MP calls? If button leads, MP folds? Different betsizes apply, etc.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:58 AM

theres no way you are good in this spot. ive been in the same one many times, and i look at that tiny bet, and im like ... i cant fold for just "x" amount. so i call along, and call him down on turn and then i get to the river and he makes another minbet, and im like i came this far ... so i call.

villain almost always seems to have top pair 2nd or 3rd kicker, or he has the 5. basically, he thinks hes value betting his hand, and hes afraid you are going to fold.

almost never will 3rd pair or whatever be good here.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
theres no way you are good in this spot. ive been in the same one many times, and i look at that tiny bet, and im like ... i cant fold for just "x" amount. so i call along, and call him down on turn and then i get to the river and he makes another minbet, and im like i came this far ... so i call.

villain almost always seems to have top pair 2nd or 3rd kicker, or he has the 5. basically, he thinks hes value betting his hand, and hes afraid you are going to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally I agree w/ you
Old 03-05-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally I agree w/ you

[/ QUOTE ]

i may have to rethink what i said then, i mean if you agree with it ... theres a good chance i got something wrong