Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 05:49 AM

Default Right Color, Wrong Suit

Typical Commerce 20-40 game...meaning, a few decent players, a few who are pretty bad, a couple morons, and me.

I've been card dead for a long time...it's been somewhere around an hour since I last raised pre-flop, and I've only seen like 2 flops in that time.

I raise UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Moron in EP calls, MP poster (new player, pretty tight and thoroughly unpleasant) calls, button calls, SB calls, BB folds. 5 to the flop, 11 small bets.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, EP raises me, MP calls, button calls, SB folds, I call. 4 players left, 19 small bets.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, EP raises me again, MP calls again without hesitating, button folds, I call. 3 players, 15.5 big bets

River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked around.

Any thoughts? I'd love feedback on all streets.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:55 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?
Default Re: Right Color, Wrong Suit

I think you should edit your post and stop the action after button folds the turn
Old 12-05-2006, 05:56 AM

depending on your position relative to the morons and the preflop action at the table, i would consider limping over raising this hand preflop, especially with a decent player having posted)...

i would also consider checking the flop and watching what happens, probably calling one bet, but def folding for two back to you...im not really a fan of betting this flop into a large field out of position...

turn: i like...
Old 12-05-2006, 05:57 AM

you should be limping PF with A8s in this game without the MP poster. with the poster you should be even more inclined to limp. postflop looks fine
Old 12-05-2006, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
depending on your position relative to the morons and the preflop action at the table, i would consider limping over raising this hand preflop, especially with a decent player having posted)...

i would also consider checking the flop and watching what happens, probably calling one bet, but def folding for two back to you...im not really a fan of betting this flop into a large field out of position...

turn: i like...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you about preflop...I think I raised mostly because I hadn't played a hand in so long, which of course is a bad reason. Limping would have been better. As for the flop, you're probably right there too...it's not exactly a big flop for my hand.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:26 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
Typical Commerce 20-40 game...meaning, a few decent players, a few who are pretty bad, a couple morons, and me.

I've been card dead for a long time...it's been somewhere around an hour since I last raised pre-flop, and I've only seen like 2 flops in that time.

I raise UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Moron in EP calls, MP poster (new player, pretty tight and thoroughly unpleasant) calls, button calls, SB calls, BB folds. 5 to the flop, 11 small bets.

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, EP raises me, MP calls, button calls, SB folds, I call. 4 players left, 19 small bets.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, EP raises me again, MP calls again without hesitating, button folds, I call. 3 players, 15.5 big bets

River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked around.

Any thoughts? I'd love feedback on all streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the river checked around, EP sighed and said to me, "You win." I turned over my hand, and he turned over T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He thought the 5 pairing on the river had beaten him, but I had actually sucked out on the turn. MP glared at me for a good 5 seconds, muttered something under his breath, and folded A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] face up. MHIG.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
MP glared at me for a good 5 seconds, muttered something under his breath... MHIG.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there were any doubts about this happening at the Commerce 20/40, this sentence puts those to rest. If I had a chip for every time this happened.... oh wait. I do.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2006, 11:10 PM

I don't play cards much, but here goes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would folded preflop. Given that you raised preflop, I would have bet/called the flop if it got headsup, and bet the turn of course. But since you had two cold callers on the flop raise, I would have bet/folded the flop. You're behind most of the time and can still lose if you're not, with all the draws out there. Whomever has a ten will never let go and you're now playing catch up out of position. This is why I wouldn't have raised preflop.

In all seriousness, this hand isn't like you.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:23 PM

mr gymrat,

i agree with your postflop stuff, but i think this is a definite limp...
Old 12-05-2006, 11:34 PM

Default Re: ONEGYMRAT

Yea.I would have folded preflop,too.But the presence of a poster does make the call look more attractive.