FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 17. 6m SB w/ KQs
Raise 3 8.11%
Call 10 27.03%
Fold 24 64.86%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: *** Official WPT Final @ Foxwoods ***

The most interesting thing that happened to me today in the $1500 was I managed to get most of my stack in preflop drawing virtually dead. I shove over an UTG limp with 7d7h, got shoved over for less by hijack who hadn't played a hand all day, UTG thinks forever and folds. Hijack turns over KdKh, blocking the flushes, and UTG says he folded two black 7s, leaving me with a 3% chance of winning, which I did not.

Starting tournaments at 10 a.m. should be illegal.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:48 PM

Built a twice average stack in the $1500 when 100 were left, then my table got aggressive and some good players came all on top of me being carddead - i end up cashing, barely, but my first pushbot hand i shove J2o in the SB and BB wakes up with aces.

Oh - and earlier in the tournament I was witness to a Betgo eruption..

Dealer: Someone didn't ante over here
Betgo: I anted, it bounced a bit, but it was him :oints at asian dude::
Asiandude: i think i anted, its right ther ein front of me
betgo: yea, it bounced over there, it was him.. i can't believe you're beating a cheater over 25 chips.
Asiandude: Oh yea? CHeater? I was gonna put it in anyway, but now no way, call the floor.
Bego: blah blah blah CHEATER CHEATER blah blah CHEAT OVER 25 CHIPS I PUT IT IN, I ANTED. IT WS HIM HES A CHEATER.
a few hands later, its still being talked about.. but during a quiet moment.
betgo: <font color="red">you know, you're a [censored] prick.</font>
"FLOOR@!"
Old 11-02-2007, 10:52 PM

lol awesome

anybody know how long the main event day 1 will last this year? The site says 5 levels but that seems a little short.

Is the ME a better structure than last year? I can't remember
Old 11-02-2007, 10:57 PM

betgrr
Old 11-02-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Built a twice average stack in the $1500 when 100 were left, then my table got aggressive and some good players came all on top of me being carddead - i end up cashing, barely, but my first pushbot hand i shove J2o in the SB and BB wakes up with aces.

betgo: yea, it bounced over there, it was him.. i can't believe you're beating a cheater over 25 chips.
Asiandude: Oh yea? CHeater? I was gonna put it in anyway, but now no way, call the floor.
Bego: blah blah blah CHEATER CHEATER blah blah CHEAT OVER 25 CHIPS I PUT IT IN, I ANTED. IT WS HIM HES A CHEATER.
"FLOOR@!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I barely moneyed in the tournament too and finished 33rd...meh.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"FLOOR@!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Where you the young guy in seat 2, maybe seat 3? Seemed like maybe a pro Internet player. This is my side of the story as posted in B&amp;M. Exit was on the other side of the table, and didn't hear what the Asian dude was saying to me. I didn't call him a prick out of the blue. It was in response to his saying I was tossing chips again, virutally admitting he didn't ante that time.The guy made very clear to me that he purposely didn't post ante to make a point about my tossing chips.

[ QUOTE ]

Live $1500 MTT. First level of antes. I toss in a 25 ante chip. I am in seat 8 and a significant distance from the betting circle. The chip bounces so it is in front of seat 10.

I don't see seat 10 put in a chip. Dealer says there is an ante missing. Everyone in the area says they anted, except seat 10, who says the chip is in front of him.

The floor is called. Seat 10 continues to repeat that the chip is in front of him. I repeat that I anted. The dealer seems to imply that I am wrong. The floor doesn't say anything. After a couple of minutes of this, I throw in another ante chip.

After the floor leaves, seat 10 says to me that it serves me right for tossing the chip. This gets me angry and I call him a cheater and ask if that is how he got that WSOP bracelets.

A few hands later, I purposely toss in an ante chip loosely, as I am annoyed. Seat 10 says I am tossing in a chip again. I am incenced that he is pretty much admitting he purposely didn't ante. I call him a pr_ and some other things. The floor is called and I get a 20 minute penalty.

In retrospect, I guess seat 10 was annoyed that I was tossing rather than placing the ante chips. I had never seen someone try to get out of putting in an ante chip before. Thought the story might be slightly interesting and entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-03-2007, 08:51 AM

nice job cashing. i went out 70th. haven't won a flip this entire series. playing good though.

2k and 3k should be good.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:15 PM

Hmm... ok so in the first 45 minutes I played of the $2k I got dealt more cards than the entire $1500.

some hands:
25/50
I raise AA to 175, David Pham calls in MP, he's been very active pf, CO and Button call.
Flop 678 rainbow, I check, Pham thinks a bit and checks, checks to button who bets 600, I think and decide i can call one, maybe two bets from him, and call, then Pham raises to 1600. Button thinks and folds and i fold.

David Pham limps utg, guy raises in MP to 300 two callers and i call on the button w/ JJ, Pham calls. Flop comes 442, checks to me and I bet 1k, it folds around to CO who C/R's to 3700 w/ 2k behind. I cringe a bit and shove, he instafolds.

Guy from previous hand open limps in EP, i make it 225 w/ AQhh next to act, middle aged nervous guy makes it 625, i call. Flop: Q62 two diamonds. I check he bets 950, i call. Turn Td, i check he bets 2100, i tank and call.
River 2x, I check and he angirly INSTA check behind. I finally feel happy in the hand and turn over my hand. Then he tables AKdd for the nut flush?!? "I THOGHT YOU HAD A SET" ok, so i'll remember that for later, i'm back to my starting stack size now.

50/100

Pham limps UTG, UTG+1 limps, MP makes it 350, i call in CO w/ AQdd, Pham calls. Flop 8dJsQh, checks to MP1 who bets 1k, i call, Pham c/rs to 2700, MP thinks and calls, I retardedly dream up scenarios in which my hand is not 3rd best, stick in my 7k total, and obviously and behind Phams 888. MP then folds KK. Ughhhh @ this handsdfsd,.f

ok, so now i'm killing time, mightr play an act3 tonight.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:17 PM

Has anyone got any updates on the $1500? What time does/did it restart today?

There's 17 left, 1st pays $180k (I believe). It's difficult to rail a mate from the other side of the Atlantic!
Old 11-03-2007, 01:45 PM

i just got here. staying at bellisimo grande or w/e, the hotel like 2 min away. i'm prolly coming over to grind 10-25 or 25-50 for the rest of the day, maybe play the tourney tomorrow. stop by and say hi if u see me in there

gs