Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

stack size isnt enough evidence to rule out cheating IMO

i agree that if a cheater didnt have to worry about people combing thru his hand histories he would most likely be the #1 stack at the table. but if hes trying to stay under the radar, it is more likely that he would maintain a medium stack or slightly above average stack. If the cheater was exercising caution, it would be more difficult to accumulate chips.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:44 PM

I've been reading about this debacle since it begun and it not want to make any posts to make these threads any longer.

But I had to make an account just to say:

ikestoys, you are a f*cking scumbag

that is all
Old 10-21-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know, which is why u can smd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, i really don't want to get in this discussion again, but basically, this is really easy to say when you aren't affected by your decision at all. For the the people who actually have to give up something (soft games, the 200bb buyin, the familiarity), this is a much more difficult decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been quiet on this so far, but no, it really shouldn't be at all, especially when people who aren't you and don't even play on AP are busy trying to pressure the company on your behalf.

meh I'll probably post something in MTTC about this soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

As the investigation currently stands, I won't be going back to AP and it seems very unlikely that this will come to a resolution where I can come back. But when you say it should easy for me to stop going to a place where I've made almost a half million in the last year is ridiculous andathar.

I understand and appreciate how much work has been done for me and others, but a simple EV calculation says to keep playing on AP after this (assuming the company stays viable, which seems like it will be). I got 30k stolen from me, have made almost a half mill, assuming i get 30k +10% interest it would be a positive expectation for me to keep playing. Should I be worried about further cheating in the future? Obviously. But if they've been cheating all along but I'm still profiting as I have been, then that seems like a reasonable business expense.

Telling me it should be easy to give up my cash cow on an abstract principle shows an ignorance of what I'm giving up and how much it costs me. Its real easy to give up Absolute as a 1/2 player because you can find easy 1/2 games everywhere, but theres no places online (that I know of at least) with passive 5/10-25/50 games. As the situation stands, and where it seems to be heading, I'm willing to stop playing there, but other players who were cheated and/or followed this situation will be right back into these games, and I understand why.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I need to say something else here...

My life's work cannot be devoted to pro-bono work outing AP and UB scandals. I've put a number of important business deals of my own on the backburner this past week. I did not do any of this scandal-related work for money, but, in the end, I am involved in poker to make money. I did all of this because I thought it was the right thing to do and would benefit poker in the long-term. I guess that's kinda self-interest depending on which angle you look at it from.

I have a bunch of businesses that I either run, co-own or am somehow involved in that make me a relatively significant amount. I've pissed off a number of my business partners with conversations such as the following:

Them: "Hey Nat, how's [such as such] progressing?"
Me: "Can't talk, later"
Them: "WTF, I thought we had a deal that you'd do X and Y?"
Me: "Sorry, AP stuff, can't talk, in convo"

I'm not going to continue to do that forever. At some point, I'll return to my other businesses. Unless someone wants to pay me to be a security consultant, I simply have to move back to what I do on a day-to-day basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all perfectly understandable, and an I'm sure you're aware of how grateful everyone is that you and others took so much time out of your lives to help uncover the details of this scandal. It really is appreciated by everyone at this forum I am sure.

Can I ask though, when we were all anticipating this press release I believe you indicated that if it didn't match up with your understanding of how events unfolded that you would release some facts that you had previously held back. Is this still the plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

?
Old 10-21-2007, 04:46 PM

ok i'm only going to say this one more time, and if i get ignored i'll quit, but can someone PLEASE tell me why these guys can't be charged through either the canadian or the costa rican legal system?
Old 10-21-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ass, I didn't say I was going back, but the statement above is true. I know of at least 2 2+2ers that will be heading back to AP/still playing at AP. Soft games attract sharks, period.

Also, your logic is FOS... but mob rule on.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true sadly. Hopefully AP gets shut down at some point so we don't end up with a picket line situation.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
simple EV calculation

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, we all know. and believe it or not, so do the AP guys. in fact I've gotten some internal numbers quoted at me more than once.

thanks for proving their point.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know, which is why u can smd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, i really don't want to get in this discussion again, but basically, this is really easy to say when you aren't affected by your decision at all. For the the people who actually have to give up something (soft games, the 200bb buyin, the familiarity), this is a much more difficult decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

By all means, make your own decision based on whatever criteria you wish. But you keep bringing it back to how you will be affected if you leave AP, whereas other people are talking about the broader significance of players continuing to support this crooked company.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand this, the mob can say this easily because they aren't making any sacrifices by leaving. I don't mean this as disrespect, I mean this as a simple explanation of why its not easy for me to leave.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
simple EV calculation

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, we all know. and believe it or not, so do the AP guys. in fact I've gotten some internal numbers quoted at me more than once.

thanks for proving their point.

[/ QUOTE ]

The truth hurts, players will go back, hopefully AP doesn't cheat anymore. As it stands right now, I won't be one of them.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know of at least 2 2+2ers that will be heading back to AP/still playing at AP. Soft games attract sharks, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Aboslute Poker food chain:

Cheaters
^
^
^
^
^
^
Sharks
^
^