Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: KJs river flush vs Leatherass

[ QUOTE ]

That's right. You don't have to prove anything to me. You could be Brian Townsend for all I care. But the way you childishly patronised my post after my kind request for a more deep, civilized discussions shows you're not fit to be a mod imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be clear I wasn't patronizing your post, just the part I quoted. You should perhaps try to be less on edge when posting.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:13 PM

Honestly, calling does have merit here...it's stupid to not realize this. The only situation it would not be so is if leather would very very often go for a checkraise with a naked flushdraw on turn here all the time, and giving it's 4 ways on the flop and him being solid/to the point of nitty that seems highly unlikely.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:14 PM

It also seems like the most likely hand he shows up with here is Axs, although it wouldn't show up that much more than any other hand, but if i had to guess that's what i'd guess.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:14 PM

Maybe it's just me but when I last played leather he was for sure opening 45s+ here, and I can't imagine him folding any sort of decent flush to me on this river.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:17 PM

I would consider flat calling tbh, muse a bit, and then push like most others but really don't think calling is so awful as to be laughed at.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just me but when I last played leather he was for sure opening 45s+ here

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup I have similar preflop numbers to him and raise SCs here down to 45s, and also 46ss, 57ss, 68ss usually too.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just me but when I last played leather he was for sure opening 45s+ here

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup I have similar preflop numbers to him and raise SCs here down to 45s, and also 46ss, 57ss, 68ss usually too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is pretty obvious to OP.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would consider flat calling tbh, muse a bit, and then push like most others but really don't think calling is so awful as to be laughed at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling isn't awful, it's just not as good IMO. The argument I was laughing at was that somehow just because all we could have was a bluff was somehow an argument that leatherass would never call worse, let alone that we might have a lower flush.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That's right. You don't have to prove anything to me. You could be Brian Townsend for all I care. But the way you childishly patronised my post after my kind request for a more deep, civilized discussions shows you're not fit to be a mod imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be clear I wasn't patronizing your post, just the part I quoted. You should perhaps try to be less on edge when posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not on edge, I just found it extremely bad coming from a mod given my last post. Maybe if you could look at it from my perspective you would see why I was offended.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling isn't awful, it's just not as good IMO. The argument I was laughing at was that somehow just because all we could have was a bluff was somehow an argument that leatherass would never call worse, let alone that we might have a lower flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to know what is the top of your flatting range here.