Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: KJs river flush vs Leatherass

this thread astonishes me, and the posters here need to think a little outside their own worlds and have an open mind about every situation they encounter. my guess would be that is why most of you are stuck in mid stakes, because you are stuck in paradigms preventing you from improving past a certain level.

i think its really close between raise and call given the texture of the board, but i suspect call is the correct play given your opponent.

i dont think when you raise youre getting called by a worse hand >50% of the time by leatherass given the action.

this is only raisable if you are almost certain hes not folding 78ss, which i think is a fairly easy fold to this raise.

it gets a little interesting if you think from his perspective on how youre playing things like Axss on the flop and if he thinks youre semibluffing hands like this every time then maybe hes more likely to call with the smaller flushes.

but still, i think he folds them enough and folds sets enough to make this a flat call.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:48 PM

Good god. If you flat here, fold the [censored] flop.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:48 PM

and mrtea, cts saying raise doesnt mean much, considering his image and how people play against him are far different than jamie's and how someone as tight/solid as leatherass is playing vs him, combined with the board texture
Old 08-30-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So much for that. When I go on a rant on how people are disrepectful when they are not backing it up with any arguments and I get an immediate post by a mod who gives a beautifully detailed 'LOL' you know it's futile. Wtf is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the MSNL forum. When people make posts that make it clear that they just aren't at all familiar with the games they are commented on and still maintain a tone of knowing what they are talking about, it's not my job to be nice to those people. It's my job to make sure that everyone realizes that what I quoted was ridiculous and shouldn't be followed as advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you a mod?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So much for that. When I go on a rant on how people are disrepectful when they are not backing it up with any arguments and I get an immediate post by a mod who gives a beautifully detailed 'LOL' you know it's futile. Wtf is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the MSNL forum. When people make posts that make it clear that they just aren't at all familiar with the games they are commented on and still maintain a tone of knowing what they are talking about, it's not my job to be nice to those people. It's my job to make sure that everyone realizes that what I quoted was ridiculous and shouldn't be followed as advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

why are you a mod?

[/ QUOTE ]

"It's my job to make sure that everyone realizes that what I quoted was ridiculous and shouldn't be followed as advice."
Old 08-30-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

but still, i think he folds them enough and folds sets enough to make this a flat call.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just can't understand this. do you realize we only need to get called 51% of the time when good to make this shove +EV? for every time he calls with Ax[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] he only needs to call once with any other hand whatsoever. anything at all. AT. TT. 45[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. 56[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. 67:spade. 87[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

the other thing that should be immeediatly clear is that if you can't even shove this river for value you should be bluff shoving with much, much, much higher frequency and moreover the flop/turn play is just horrible because you are clearly better off playing the hand in a more agressive fashion.

[ QUOTE ]
Good god. If you flat here, fold the [censored] flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has already been addressed in Tomsons post...

[ QUOTE ]
if cts says shove i think you should apologize to everyone for having to read this [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I didn't say shoving is bad. I personally believe min-raise and fold to shove is very nice.

Secondly, I don't owe anyone an apology no matter what cts says. I'm expressing my opinion, I expect a lot of good players to differ. As long as it's in a respectful tone I have no problem with that. I can understand playful too.

But people here are extremely disrespectful and give no effort to explain their thought process. When I point that out and kindly ask to at least try and a mod quotes my post and gives a 'LOL' and then tells me I'm clueless with no effort at all you can see somethings wrong here.

It's a disgrace.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this thread astonishes me, and the posters here need to think a little outside their own worlds and have an open mind about every situation they encounter. my guess would be that is why most of you are stuck in mid stakes, because you are stuck in paradigms preventing you from improving past a certain level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a little unfair you say this considering before you won a big tournament and were fortunate enough to win a contest to be TC's protege you were just a midstakes player.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:54 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

in before lock