Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Pregnant GF

Why is everyone still making this out to be, "abort the baby vs. give up your entire life to take a crap job in po-dunk west virginia"

HELLO. There are people willing to raise the freaking kid if you don't want it. You really don't have to kill it, I promise. Is filling out the legal paperwork that scary? It might take some time out of your busy schedule? Is she afraid of being fat for the last 2 months of the pregnancy, or does she just really want to be free to drink and smoke pot for the next 8 months? wtf?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:22 PM

There is a big difference between financially and emotionally supporting this child and staying with the mother for ever and ever. The two are not mutually exclusive. Surely the OP should support his child (if it comes to that), but why should he spend the rest of his life with this girl for the sake of the kid? I speak from personal experience and I know that had my ex had a baby, I would have supported the kid but would NOT have been trapped into spending the rest of my life with her.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a big difference between financially and emotionally supporting this child and staying with the mother for ever and ever. The two are not mutually exclusive. Surely the OP should support his child (if it comes to that), but why should he spend the rest of his life with this girl for the sake of the kid? I speak from personal experience and I know that had my ex had a baby, I would have supported the kid but would NOT have been trapped into spending the rest of my life with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

He should stay with the kid for the sake of the kid.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I completely understand where the "man up" comments are coming from. I love this girl and we both got ourselves into this situation... But she did make it very clear to me from the beginning that she would get an abortion if the situation were to arise. If she were more honest about her desire to have children, I think the relationship would have ended long ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

She was being completely honest with you about planning to have an abortion. She had no clue what it would do to her physically and psychologically to get pregnant. Killing the life inside you goes against every biological instinct we've had for thousands of years.

You were both naive.

You say you love this woman and are 90% you were going to spend your life with her.

Love is not a feeling, it's an action.

To really love someone means to put their welfare in front of your own.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone still making this out to be, "abort the baby vs. give up your entire life to take a crap job in po-dunk west virginia"

HELLO. There are people willing to raise the freaking kid if you don't want it. You really don't have to kill it, I promise. Is filling out the legal paperwork that scary? It might take some time out of your busy schedule? Is she afraid of being fat for the last 2 months of the pregnancy, or does she just really want to be free to drink and smoke pot for the next 8 months? wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you for serious? You realize the lasting emotional effects that giving a kid up for adoption will have on the mother? You think it's just a matter of her being fat' for the next 8 months? It's a huge commitment.

Oh and [ QUOTE ]
You really don't have to kill it

[/ QUOTE ] what do you really think?

[ QUOTE ]
She gets to decide what happens to his life. If she doesn't want the baby, giving it up for adoption is an easy enough way out. If he doesn't want it, he can't do much can he? He'll have to pay for the baby. No choice whatsoever in the matter. How's that fair?

[/ QUOTE ]
He made his choice to accept that this could happen when he [censored] her. If you can't handle the consequences of your actions, don't do it!

[ QUOTE ]
To really love someone means to put their welfare in front of your own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hooray for arbitrary guilt-trip statements made by women!
Old 04-13-2007, 01:27 PM

If you really think that her opting out of the abortion plan is going to result in your break up with her, she should know that.

everyone who advised "run, op, run" has probably not considered the long term ramifications of that. I know a guy who pulled a forrest when he got a girl pregnant when he was in his late teens, and now he owes so much back child support that he can't get a real job for fear of jail.

Oh, and it makes me think way way less of him.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you for serious? You realize the lasting emotional effects that giving a kid up for adoption will have on the mother? You think it's just a matter of her being fat' for the next 8 months? It's a huge commitment.

Oh and [ QUOTE ]
You really don't have to kill it

[/ QUOTE ] what do you really think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how giving a kid up for adoption would lead to larger emotional scars than having an abortion. I've never gone through either situation, so I obviously can't know for sure, but I'd rather bring the kid into the world and give it to a family that desperately wants a child.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She gets to decide what happens to his life. If she doesn't want the baby, giving it up for adoption is an easy enough way out. If he doesn't want it, he can't do much can he? He'll have to pay for the baby. No choice whatsoever in the matter. How's that fair?

[/ QUOTE ]
He made his choice to accept that this could happen when he [censored] her. If you can't handle the consequences of your actions, don't do it!

[/ QUOTE ]

it's all clear

dont have sex unless you want babies

man law?