Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: i\'ll tell ya what i would do / a newly emerging rule

[ QUOTE ]
I'd also save those chips until she came back, or until they eventually had to be declared abandoned or whatever per room policy, but he wuld NOT get those chips.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking have surveillance print a picture of her and put it in the bag with her chips.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:40 PM

Good idea. Plus print pics of the schmuck and have every security guard kick him in the nuts just for grins.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple rooms have now moved to only allowing one usage of IWTSTH per player per dealer, anything beyond that is abuse. It's not perfect but it's a start.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC one of the Vegas rooms once had a policy where the person requesting to see the hand had to explain to the floorperson why he thought that cheating was/is going on. Wasn't this the Bellagio?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A couple rooms have now moved to only allowing one usage of IWTSTH per player per dealer, anything beyond that is abuse. It's not perfect but it's a start.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow good rule. I wish they enforced that here
Old 09-25-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd also save those chips until she came back, or until they eventually had to be declared abandoned or whatever per room policy, but he wuld NOT get those chips.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking have surveillance print a picture of her and put it in the bag with her chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've worked in card clubs and this is essentially the procedure for abandoned chips. In the case of a well known regular a written description is enough. Very doable from a procedure standpoint and obviously the right thing.

~ Rick
Old 09-25-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC one of the Vegas rooms once had a policy where the person requesting to see the hand had to explain to the floorperson why he thought that cheating was/is going on. Wasn't this the Bellagio?

[/ QUOTE ]
Wynn started it, I think. Perhaps others have also adopted it by now.

This weekend I saw an IWTSTH from the winner of a heads-up pot and the dealer stopped everything and explained to the guy "if I turn these two cards up and they beat you, you lose the pot." The guy looked completely dumfounded and did a sorta whachootalkin'boutWillis. Dealer was patient and re-explained. At which point the IWTSTH dude said "never mind" while looking totally annoyed at the dealer and the rest of us at the table.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:24 AM

I believe Wynn has abolished IWTSTH completely unless you are making an explicit accusation of collusion.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:55 AM

Default Re: IWTSTH karma cooler

[ QUOTE ]
I just joined this 1/2 table at Foxwoods last night.

There is a 600 dollar pot at showdown. A man shows down AK for top two pair. Woman mucks her hand and walks away. After she has left the table, the man states he wants to see what she had.

The cards are not in the muck, so they are still retrievable. He turns over QJ for broadway! There is an argument between one of the regulars there with the man who won the pot, and the floor is called by the dealer.

The floor comes over and the man argues for several minutes about how her hand was in the muck, and fails to realize how he hung himself. I couldn't stop from laughing.

The chips are put into a ziplock back at this point, and he sits out and waits for a decision on if they will be awarded to him pending she is not still in the poker room. He sat out for at least an hour, not sure if he ever got them because I got transferred to another table 1 hour later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure this is what happened? I was at the next table and thought I heard them saying the dealer pulled the cards out of the muck. In fact, I'm positive this is what happened.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:40 AM

Positive. Your ears heard correctly, however...

The dealer did not pull the cards out of the muck, thats what the idiot was making an argument to the floor about.

He was arguing that the dealer mucked the hand (which is not the case, both cards were still retrievable obviously). He was lying, saying the dealer mucked her cards after he realized he screwed himself when he said IWTSTH.

It was mostly out of desperation after he was told that the hand she folded was now the winning hand
Old 09-25-2007, 05:05 AM

Oh okay. I just heard and it sounded like the dealer retrieved the cards out of the muck, not the "hey they just barely touched the muck I wnat to see them"

Guy's an idiot.

This makes me feel a lot better cuz I was pissed at the floor for the ruling under the impression these cards were stuck in the muck deep, even at "clearly visible" it still shouldn't be attempted.