Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Some Features That Need to Make It into Online Poker

You guys are freakin morons. The only good ideas in this thread are the automatic handling of stakes and showing a card in cash games. On UB can't you show your hand if you fold?

A tournament lobby could have a Stakes option under the registration where one would enter the name of their donkey, the split %/stakeback if cashed, and submit. The other person would then have until the start of the tourney to accept the stake or decline it. Not a bad idea at all.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:42 AM

no, i dont. At LEAST one other player, will feel the same way as I do, and that's enough.

But honestly, this is getting off topic. The bottom line is, the OP is trying to tell me that no matter what, running it twice wont cause the need for any additional delays during games. There is just no way that could be true, period. Yea, if you get it AI pre, you can deal out 2 boards, one card over the other without delay. However, are you only going to allow 2 deals when it gets AI pre? If not, there is GOING to be a lag if you're letting players run the turn or river or both twice. It would happen constantly.

The idea is about a 4 of 10, IMO. There is something to be said for it, but it would need to be an option of certain tables, not all (maybe deep stack tables?).
Old 11-19-2007, 11:50 AM

read this tread... got way to crazy with the variance stuff. live with it. if your playing online your likely playing 6+ tables and get mad hands in per hour so STFU.

I want hold'em with antes...I think that needs to be done to change the game and make it more LAG instead of TAG. say .15/.25 blinds with a .05 ante i don't know something better math person could work it out. but having the starting pot start at .80 cents would really loosen the table up and give more of a reason to get involved in pots.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:55 AM

The Sam Farha Timebank: allows you to take 5 minutes between every decision, no matter how trivial
Old 11-19-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Running it twice seems a little silly. You run it twice to reduce variance that is inherent when you only see 15 hands per fortnight. You see so many hands online that the variance problem more or less works itself out over a pretty short time. If you're seeing 10K, 20K, 30K+ hands per month you are effective running everything much more than twice.

But the live straddle? I'm all over that baby. Even better if you could put on the Mississippi straddle. Ohhhhh doctor.

[/ QUOTE ]running it twice not needed. staddle would make it fun. people wouldnt be asking to "run it twice" if they hadnt seen it on tv. just a load of bandwagon hopping trendy crap, put dark check in with that also.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ability to show card(s) to opponent.

I recall seeing a commercial for a site that had this way back when, but doubtful they're still around. Anyhoo, I'd love to have this at FT or PS.

[/ QUOTE ]ultimate bet. although who would play there cos it sucks and its owned by AP.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:09 PM

This thread sucks. These ideas make the jump to conclusions map look like a great idea.

Proceed with the next 3 pages of the splitting the pot by ev and site insurance junk.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ability to show card(s) to opponent.

I recall seeing a commercial for a site that had this way back when, but doubtful they're still around. Anyhoo, I'd love to have this at FT or PS.

[/ QUOTE ]ultimate bet. although who would play there cos it sucks and its owned by AP.

[/ QUOTE ]

UB lets you show cards during the play of a hand (assuming just HU)?

The site I was thinking of was some random start-up, I may have seen the ad in a magazine.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:39 PM

I'd love to get the 72 game going on-line [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2007, 12:42 PM

I think it would be a nice option to fold face up in HU pots or show 1 card in a pot you win that is not called ... duno if this has been brought up in the thread im too lazy