dark meat 79 41.80%
i like both almost equally 18 9.52%
i dont like turkey 4 2.12%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Official Mizzou VS KU football thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the link suzzer, So Missouri is responsible for coining homecomming?

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems like what they're saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this referenced in a different link as well a couple days ago. Might have been on wikipedia.
It definitely appears they are credited with the invention of Homecoming.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kansas 44
Missouri 28

Chase Daniel is better than Reesing, but Reesing is more reliable/consistent... if that makes any sense. I can see Daniel throwing an interception or two in an effort to make a "big play", while Reesing will take what Mizzou's defense gives him. The Jayhawks lead the nation in takeaways, and I'm banking on a turnover in their favor to give them a slight edge late that they will hold on to.

Also, Kansas will be playing with a fire that Mizzou won't be able to match. Although both teams are playing for the same prize, Kansas has to feel ripped off at this point in terms of the polls. If any other Big 12 team (including Missouri) was 11-0, they would be ranked #1 without question. They will be out to prove all the pollsters and haters wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both teams will be pumped and trying to rationalize that one is going to be more fired up then the other one is pretty homerific. It's been said a million times but KU schedule has sucked up until this week. Give Mizzou their schedule and they'd be sitting in the same spot, #2.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:23 PM

"trying to rationalize that one is going to be more fired up then the other one is pretty homerific."

Agreed. That's incredibly ridiculous.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Comparing when both teams played Kansas State, Missouri led by 3 at halftime and came back to score 4 touchdowns in the second half for a blowout. Ku led K state at halftime by 7 and lost that lead in the second half before scoring two field goals in the 4th for the win. Its not too much evidence, but i think that Mizzou still has the mental edge in this one. Either way I am very excited to watch this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point, the K-State games aren't comparable.

KU played K-State in its first big 12 game and first game on the road. Reesing's first start in a hostile road environment. Reesing had three picks. Two in the first half and the last pick bounced off the receiver's facemask at Kansas' own 16 leading to a K-State score on a trick play with 8:00 min left.

How many interceptions since? Zero.

Both teams have looked really impressive in the month leading up to the game.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"those who follow ku closely know that mangino has a knack for outcoaching these guys in big games"

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

"Big" is a relative term in this case. Games against MU are big, games against KSU are big. Mangino has won 3 of the last 4 against both. He also beat Texas when they were #4 (or maybe #6?) had Freeman Johns not grossly interfered. Basically the most hyped games from a KU fan perspective have gone our way more often than not. Anyway, all this lolling by you MU guys in response to reasonable points is making you look silly.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the outcomes, in order of likeliness go like this:

Missouri by <10
Missouri by >10
Kansas by <10

Kansas by >10

[/ QUOTE ]

Your homerism would be better if you at least tried to disguise it. Not one person in this thread is going to take a response like that seriously.

Edit: Yes, I realize I was a huge homer in the other thread, but there's a difference between a hate thread and a game discussion thread. My understanding is that this is the latter.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:13 PM

Old 11-20-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kansas 44
Missouri 28

Chase Daniel is better than Reesing, but Reesing is more reliable/consistent... if that makes any sense. I can see Daniel throwing an interception or two in an effort to make a "big play", while Reesing will take what Mizzou's defense gives him. The Jayhawks lead the nation in takeaways, and I'm banking on a turnover in their favor to give them a slight edge late that they will hold on to.

Also, Kansas will be playing with a fire that Mizzou won't be able to match. Although both teams are playing for the same prize, Kansas has to feel ripped off at this point in terms of the polls. If any other Big 12 team (including Missouri) was 11-0, they would be ranked #1 without question. They will be out to prove all the pollsters and haters wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both teams will be pumped and trying to rationalize that one is going to be more fired up then the other one is pretty homerific. It's been said a million times but KU schedule has sucked up until this week. Give Mizzou their schedule and they'd be sitting in the same spot, #2.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if Texas or OU were given KU's schedule and were undefeated at this point?

I rest my case.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL
Old 11-20-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if Texas or OU were given KU's schedule and were undefeated at this point? I rest my case.

[/ QUOTE ]

OU had an identical part of Kansas' schedule and lost (@ Colorado). Kansas won at Colorado. Texas sort of did, that is they lost to Kansas State while Kansas beat them. What was the difference there.....? Kansas won at KSU while Texas failed to beat them in AUSTIN. What case were you trying to make again?

edit: awesome pictures by the way. Our coach can eat your coach obv.