Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: How to use Poker Tracker.

I found out because of your advice that I lose about 8 ptbb/100 h when I coldcall or limp preflop and do not raise preflop. All in all I lost as much as I won because of my weak/bad play here. How can I learn to play a different style? Shall I 3bet more preflop with pocket pairs instead of calling them for setvalue? I hope s.o. might help me here.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:49 PM

I just wanted to add my name to the long list of people who've said thanks for this post. I've got hardly any hands in PT yet (500) so I'm ignoring the results data, but the decision data is already at least a little bit relevant I think - looks like I'm on the right track, except for my 0 raises ever on the turn so far :-)
Old 09-04-2007, 12:43 PM

Hi all.

I have a problem with Poker Tracker.

First, when I open it, a WARNING appears:
"Another instnce of Poker Tracker is already running. Be axare that if you attempt to import hand histories from multiple instances at the same time it could leasd to database errors.
It is suggested that you NOT run more than one instance of Poker Tracker at the same time."

Next, when I click on the room I play, a second message appears: Hand History Files.
"Please note that you currently have 513 hand history files in your hand history folder. This indicates that you have not been moving/deleting or allowing Poker Yracker to move these files (using the Move processed files... option of this window) when you close this window. It could also just mean that this is the first time you have used the auto-import functionnality.
In either case, this many hand history files could cause the import to be somewhat slow and appear to be frozen at times while it is processing. It is strongly recommenended that you use the Move processed files... option to keep this window running as fast as possible.

What can I do? I really do not know where are the problems.

Can you help me ?
Old 09-04-2007, 12:55 PM

Close your PT, then run Task Manager and go to Processes tab. See if there is a process named "ptrack2" and end it, that should solve problem 1.

Problem 2: remove your old HH files?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:46 AM

I sent a mail to the support of Poker Tracker.
For the first problem, they told me to restart the computer. I did it and the mistake has disappeared.

For the second problem, they told me to move or delete hand history files. But I do not know how I can do it ... !!!
Do you have an idea ?
Thanks for your help and i am sorry for my fish's questions!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 07:42 AM

This isn't a PokerTracker How To forum.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:23 AM

Awesome post, helped me out a ton thanks.

quick thing, doing the stealing filter test my result is 40.

0.4BB/hand*100 = 40

My BB/100 hands is 4.14.

have i screwed it up somehow?
Old 09-05-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the second problem, they told me to move or delete hand history files. But I do not know how I can do it ... !!!
Do you have an idea ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know which site you're importing hands from, but somewhere on the appropriate menu there's space for you to specify a folder on your hard drive where you'd like Pokertracker to move the hand histories after it's imported them into the database.

Until you've done that, the hand histories will stay in the folder where the poker site first places them, and therefore Pokertracker will read through them ALL every time it imports hands into the database. (Of course, it's not going to find any new hands in those old files because it's already imported them once, but the point is, Pokertracker has to read them all before it knows they contain nothing new. This takes a lot of time and will substantially slow down performance.)

If you want to, just create a directory called OldHandHistories and use that as a dump. (Just be aware that you should not use a subdirectory of the main hand history directory. If you do, Pokertracker will still insist on reading the contents as part of its import procedure.)

Hope that makes sense. If not, PM me or ask again on this thread.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:22 AM

Thanks a lot for your help DiamondDog. I will try to do what you say. Thanks again !!!
Sorry to disturb you Cue-Ball 66.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:20 PM

Good, good stuff Pokey!!