Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 11-28-2007, 06:44 PM

Default bank of america CC offer i recieved

1.9% APY on everything including cash advances till June of 08

this is free money and i should take this, no? i read the terms and don't see any catches(assuming no payments are late). that being said, i figured i would check before just getting another line of credit that i probably wont use.

i can assume risks and would probably put this in the market over that time period.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: bank of america CC offer i recieved

Make sure you don't use 100% of the credit and make the monthly payments [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 07:08 PM

yeah on surface that seemed like only risk, but i wanted to see if there was more. i dont 'hustle' crdit cards on the norm.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah on surface that seemed like only risk, but i wanted to see if there was more. i dont 'hustle' crdit cards on the norm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 80% is the suggested limit to use. You can transfer credit from other cards onto the new one, most likely, to increase the amount of $$ you can invest.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 80% is the suggested limit to use. You can transfer credit from other cards onto the new one, most likely, to increase the amount of $$ you can invest.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure sublime isn't a moron, which means he doesn't have (high interest) credit card debt to transfer
Old 11-28-2007, 10:23 PM

yeah i have zero cc balance. i want to add some good balance though (like the above).
Old 11-28-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty sure sublime isn't a moron, which means he doesn't have (high interest) credit card debt to transfer

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not talking about the current ratio or the total of all his cards.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1.9% APY on everything including cash advances till June of 08

this is free money and i should take this, no? i read the terms and don't see any catches(assuming no payments are late). that being said, i figured i would check before just getting another line of credit that i probably wont use.

i can assume risks and would probably put this in the market over that time period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you look at fees associated with this. If you are doing a balance transfer some BofA accounts have terms such that there is a 3% fee with no ceiling on the amount. Others have a $75 max.

For the past 6 months I have been charging everything I can to an AMEX blue with 12 months 0% interest on purchases. Free money is good.