Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: 100K hands in a month possible?

[ QUOTE ]
leatherass will play more than 1.5MM hands this year, basically NL 1-2 up to 25/50 with a winrate of 4-5bb/100 overall I think. He will make stars supernova elite from 100% NL play and he started his chase mid april.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nasty
Old 11-29-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i sure could think of a lot of worse things to do for a month than playing 100k hands of poker. i think this is a LOT harder for high stakes players to imagine because so much more goes into the game. if you are just grinding out very low stakes, there isn't a whole lot of thinking that needs to go into playing optimally. you'd just be bored out of your mind. if you are trying to do this playing 10/20 and above, well, that's where it would get brutal.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, probably should of rephrased how i put it. There are obviously much worse things in life than playing 100k hands of poker a month. I suppose I just know people who are more obsessed with hourly rate and getting X amount of hands in and don't enjoy playing as much as when they first started out.
I couldn't imagine myself enjoying playing more than 3-4 tables, and most of the time only play 1 (mainly HU) or 2 whereas others couldn't play less than 6 as they'd get bored too easily.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah seriously, work a real job for sh*t wage and online poker starts looking a lot better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make real money at a real job or business where you work less and make a crapload more and your perspective changes. It is all about perspective.

[ QUOTE ]

i mean, its still mindless and retarded for the volume unless you're [censored] redargoe, but its 6 figures compared to the crap wages of other jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that. If you are stick making 15k-30k a year and you can make 100k a year grinding on poker 15 hours a day, I say go for it. I also say SAVE every freaking penny and learn other ways to make money. I have said these numerous times but there are a lot easier ways to make money than playing poker. Making money playing poker may provide the means to find those better ways for some people.

I think it is a low-targetted goal to even want to be the top money earning poker player in the world. Where would they rank, based on poker earnings, among the richest people in the US or the World? They would not even register on the list.

I think the smart player is going to use poker as a means to an end.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah seriously, work a real job for sh*t wage and online poker starts looking a lot better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make real money at a real job or business where you work less and make a crapload more and your perspective changes. It is all about perspective.

[ QUOTE ]

i mean, its still mindless and retarded for the volume unless you're [censored] redargoe, but its 6 figures compared to the crap wages of other jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that. If you are stick making 15k-30k a year and you can make 100k a year grinding on poker 15 hours a day, I say go for it. I also say SAVE every freaking penny and learn other ways to make money. I have said these numerous times but there are a lot easier ways to make money than playing poker. Making money playing poker may provide the means to find those better ways for some people.

I think it is a low-targetted goal to even want to be the top money earning poker player in the world. Where would they rank, based on poker earnings, among the richest people in the US or the World? They would not even register on the list.

I think the smart player is going to use poker as a means to an end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, the bolded part is a gold comment, but the rest is sort of bad. There's no job on Earth where I could make the money I'm making now working less hours.

I will concede that there are a ton of disillusioned people with poor bankroll management that are trying to make it in poker. The game wouldn't be profitable without them. Everyone seems to think they are poker gods while few actually make a living.

I totally agree that if you aren't using poker as an ends to a means, you are settling.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:30 PM

I have done 250,000 hands in a month before. in the month i got around 300k in vpp's the month i got supernova elite
Old 11-29-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i sure could think of a lot of worse things to do for a month than playing 100k hands of poker. i think this is a LOT harder for high stakes players to imagine because so much more goes into the game. if you are just grinding out very low stakes, there isn't a whole lot of thinking that needs to go into playing optimally. you'd just be bored out of your mind. if you are trying to do this playing 10/20 and above, well, that's where it would get brutal.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]
This is very true and I thought was understood by others, not sure if it was before but glad it was pointed out. Grinding 12 tables of 1/2 nl while listening to music is easy.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:09 PM

poker is def a great way to get into other stuff. The money is great but i think i would have a mental breakdown if i played full time my whole life. (seriously) I am in the process right now of trying to transition into another business and can't wait until poker goes back in the hobby category.

Back on topic, I am pretty sure i would have a really hard time playing 100k hands in a month. But i am mainly a limit player.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:27 PM

Is anyone interested in forming a collective group bet against MicroBob (or anyone else for that matter) about this bet? I have $2000 to put up. Everyone can wager what they want until we reach the specified bet amount. (Is that 70k now?)

The terms would be something like:
500k+ hands in a predetermined 31 day stretch
all cash games
1ptbb/100 minimum winrate
nothing lower than $100nl or 1/2 limit
and a daily update would be required

I also want to throw in a small caveat, that within the first 14 days, either side has the option of buying out the bet for 75% of the total bet amount.

Anyone in?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:02 PM

we would need a trustworthy party to hold the money and also somebody to monitor my play somehow I guess and ensure that my PT screenshots are all legit, etc etc.

I don't want my Stars handle to become public knowledge mostly because I'mn embarassed by how much I suck...but for this prop I also wouldn't want anyone betting against me to show up at my tables and intentionally slow the games down which I think would be tempting strategy if I somehow got close.

I'm not 100% in on this yet.
But if we got $70k together for this and could get a trustworthy party to hold the money then I think I woudl give it a shot.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:05 PM

get a CR pro to hold the money, imo.