Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Boston Celtics \'07-\'08 Banner 17 Thread

WHAT THE [censored] CELTICS I HATE YOU.

MISSED OUT ON PRESALE BECAUSE I WAS IN INTERVIEWS.

THEN I SEE THAT THE $10 BROOKS FAMILY SECTION LIMITS YOU TO TWO TICKETS.

The whole feckin point is that the tickets are inexpensive enough that you can bring the family. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 09-21-2007, 01:47 PM

Sounds to me like they're on to you, Noah.

-McGee
Old 09-21-2007, 01:49 PM

Thread title is busted. I have PMed Matt to fix.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:29 PM

I'm not as worried about Doc's coaching as much as some of you. The NBA is a player's league. With a veteran team, Doc just needs to let the guys play and not do too much, ala KC Jones during the Bird Era.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:43 PM

It's true that there are far fewer ways for Doc to mess up this year. He's going to be forced into a shorter rotation, which means guys like Rondo are going to get the minutes they deserve.

I still don't think he can x-and-o at all, though, and I hate how any fourth quarter where we have a lead turns into us standing around watching Pierce try not to dribble off his knee.

That's what seems to happen whenever they play Washington, anyway, which comprise most of the games I've seen over the last few years.

-McGee
Old 09-21-2007, 02:50 PM

just bought $10 Brooks seats baby! 2 games. 1st Celts tickets I have bought in many years.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not as worried about Doc's coaching as much as some of you. The NBA is a player's league. With a veteran team, Doc just needs to let the guys play and not do too much, ala KC Jones during the Bird Era.

[/ QUOTE ]

Minutes are a huge deal, and that's Doc's biggest problem. Even with the shortened roster, he'll probably go overboard and have KGPPRA play a combined 120+ a night, when it should really be somewhere in the 100-110 range. He'll play Scal too much, Powe and Pollard not enough (he's my sleeper pickup of the year. He's been a very productive player in his career and fits perfectly for the back up roll). He'll play around with PG position for about the entire season, rotating between Rondo, Ray Ray, TA, and Scalabrine.

He'll be too hard on Perk, benching him too quickly for mental lapses and to compound mistakes, shift KG over to the 5.

Even with KG on his roster, one of the best defenders in the league, he'll still manage to screw up defending the pick and roll (making it 4 straight years of complete ineptitude in this regard).

He'll be really great with the media so he won't get skewered too much by the Boston press, and when a few people speak out against him, they'll rally behind him and defend him in print.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:01 PM

haha, you Celts fans are great.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:16 PM

Celtics should improve this year, but that's not saying much after the last two seasons. Truth is they have no more depth than the Nets right now, so why all the excitement? I'll still take LeBron and the Cavs over this thin roster any day. ..
Old 09-21-2007, 05:49 PM

well, for one, even with the same exact depth, our big 3 is much better than the Nets big 3. I'd call Kidd and KG a push, maybe even give Kidd a slight edge (seriously, even with his star status, Kidd is severely underrated). Pierce > Carter, Allen >>> Jefferson (pretty overrated).

Sure, the Cs are thin, but they've got some solid talent and made some nice pickups. Perkins is adequate, Rondo shows promise, though is largely a question mark going into the season. Posey was an awesome pickup. Pollard is a solid back up at the 5 more limited minutes. The rest is pretty meh, at least until Tony Allen gets healthy (though I largely count him as done for the season).

The Nets, though, are really bad. Besides Krstic (who I like a good bit), they've got no above average talent. Nachbar might make that jump this season as a scorer. Boone and Marcus Williams are both fairly solid young guys who will improve, but they've got a ways to go. They didn't do so hot in the offseason (drafted a raw headcase, signed Magloire). Who else is any good on that team?

I do love me some L-Frank, though. I'd trade Doc for him in a heartbeat.