Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-12-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: The guy that takes the joke one step too far

I think going to an event like a baseball game with cabn would be fun, even if there was a better than average chance that someone would try to kick our ass because of him.

This may fall slightly outside the scope of the OP, but I have a friend who is sometimes funny - he just fires out a ton of jokes and is fun to hang out with in general, but given the right stage he can really go nuts and have a lot more misses than hits. Compounding things, he is his own laugh track since he laughs at every joke he makes, perhaps in a suggestive manner. But when it's not funny I hate to play along and fake laugh and encourage him. So it does create a sort of awkward environment at times.

Worse yet, when he and another friend of ours meet up, it's like the Gatekeeper meeting the Keymaster, as they relentlessly try to one-up each other in the (bad) joke department. Like we'll be watching a sporting event at one's house and an announcer will make a slip-up and one of them has to be the first to pounce on it and make fun of it. This really gets messy when I or someone else is trying to tell a story and they incessantly interrupt the storyteller by cracking lame jokes and screwing up the flow. More than once I've simply yelled JESUS CHRIST SHUT THE [censored] UP AND LET HIM TALK, because there's no easier way to get the point across. So annoying.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pj,

One of my roommates in college was the king of this, I'll call him Beano.

Conversations would OFTEN go like this:

Me: Haha, of course that guy did well at the math test, he's Asian!

Friend: Yeah, hahaha, that's why Jose is so good at his jobs, those Mexicans are good workers!

Beano: EXACTLY GUYS, THAT'S WHY STEVE [black guy] IS SO GREAT AT HANGING FROM A TREE BY A NOOSE!!!!!

<silence>

[/ QUOTE ]

Beano knocked it outta the park.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pj,

One of my roommates in college was the king of this, I'll call him Beano.

Conversations would OFTEN go like this:

Me: Haha, of course that guy did well at the math test, he's Asian!

Friend: Yeah, hahaha, that's why Jose is so good at his jobs, those Mexicans are good workers!

Beano: EXACTLY GUYS, THAT'S WHY STEVE [black guy] IS SO GREAT AT HANGING FROM A TREE BY A NOOSE!!!!!

<silence>

[/ QUOTE ]

BAM-Beano knocked it outta the park.

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="black"> </font>

FYP
Old 11-12-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A few years back I had to do some volunteer work (in High School for some stupid club) so I had volunteered to work at a daycare center. Turns out one of the employees had sexually abused a little black girl. I'm listening to one of the parents talk to the owner, and decide that this situation calls for some humor. The owner is saying something to the effect of "...and we screen everyone we hire to try to prevent this sort of thing from happening..." and I toss in "hey Mary, I'm going on break, can I borrow your bong?" she gives me this death look, a horrible stare, and the parent starts to get pissy, says something like "I can't believe you think it's appropriate to joke about something like this in a daycare center, especially after what just happened..." then I took the joke too far, and I said "Oh come on, I mean yeah it's rape, but it was only a n****r! It only counts halfway. Besides, she got what she deserved, wearing those f**k-me shoes with Daffy Duck on the side... and for what it's worth, she didn't mind swallowing. At least that's what I hear."

[/ QUOTE ]

Not far enough.

BTW, racism is 4 stupids. I found all the other jokes to be ok tho
Old 11-13-2007, 12:32 AM

gilbert gottfried's aristocrats joke

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tGVL_reIuJM