Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Preregistration for WSOP been down for almost a week

I've been trying now for almost a week to register with Harrah's for the main event. I get all the way through the pre-registration and it says their system is down. I called them two days ago and they said they had no idea if the system would even come back. Has anybody been able to register in advance for an event? If so, you are very lucky, and how the hell did you do it?
Old 06-07-2007, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Preregistration for WSOP been down for almost a week

I kept trying for a few days and finally today I was able to register. However, when I got the email with the details the link to the form wasn't working. I called support and they told me they would email the form. But, I have a confirmation number but don't have the form to sign and send in with the payment. At least a slight step in the right direction.

rbilabronze
Old 06-07-2007, 02:41 AM

I returned home today from a weekend at the WSOP (what a freaking mess). Those of us that pre-registered and pre-paid had more trouble getting our seat assignments than those that didn't. Unless you are expecting the event that you are playing in to sell out, I'd advise not preregistering.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:41 AM

If you can go back in time, preregister in May. I did so for #38 and had zero problems. The process went just as it was supposed to. Having said that, we'll see what happens when I get to the Rio and try to complete the process.
Anyone have any advice for me when I get there on the Friday before the tournament? Where to go, what line to stand in, etc.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any advice for me when I get there on the Friday before the tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...show up on Thursday. Things may be running more smoothly by then, but give your self plenty of time. Check in for event #3 (2998 players) took 4-5 hours even when pre-registered.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any advice for me when I get there on the Friday before the tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...show up on Thursday. Things may be running more smoothly by then, but give your self plenty of time. Check in for event #3 (2998 players) took 4-5 hours even when pre-registered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, Thursday isn't an option. If the line is long on Friday, I'll just have to deal with it. Plane gets in around 1 and I'll head straight over.
Also, I keep reading about all these different rooms, tents, etc. Is it easy to figure out where you need to be and what line you need to be in once inside? This will be my first time at the Rio for the WSOP.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, Thursday isn't an option. If the line is long on Friday, I'll just have to deal with it. Plane gets in around 1 and I'll head straight over.
Also, I keep reading about all these different rooms, tents, etc. Is it easy to figure out where you need to be and what line you need to be in once inside? This will be my first time at the Rio for the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there last year and it's fairly obvious where you need to go to register. Basically just find the poker room and the cashier near that. It sounds like it's going to be a good idea to bring a book along to read due to the potential wait.

I'm just really anxious about having that much cash on me and traveling.