Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 11:29 PM

Default neteller/isle of man

Is there, in fact, a physical bank where one can go in the Isle of Man and cash out one's Neteller balance? Has anyone done this? I'm visiting the U.K. soon and my traveling companion has confessed that he left all sorts of money in Neteller that he thinks he will never see again. I told him to request a check be mailed or courier'd to him, but since we are visiting the area anyway, is it possible he can pick up the money in person?
Old 01-28-2007, 01:23 AM

Default Re: neteller/isle of man

AFAIK the Isle of Man offices are just their head offices - no 'over the counter' banking services. As they are not a true bank but rather a money transfer service I don't /think/ they have conventional banking facilities like that anywhere.

If you do decide to visit the Isle of Man from the mainland at this time of year expect a 3-4 hour ferry trip that could be a bit rough!
Old 01-28-2007, 01:51 AM

NT does not have stacks of US currency in its head quarters. It's not that kind of business. They simply aren't set up to give you 30K or whatever in cash if you walk in to their office. Also there's the problem of getting that much cash back into the states. I'm not sure but I think there are some issues with carrying more then 10K into the US.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NT does not have stacks of US currency in its head quarters. It's not that kind of business. They simply aren't set up to give you 30K or whatever in cash if you walk in to their office. Also there's the problem of getting that much cash back into the states. I'm not sure but I think there are some issues with carrying more then 10K into the US.

[/ QUOTE ]do we have issuses
Old 01-28-2007, 08:03 PM

There are no issues with carrying more than 10K back into the United States. It's a customs form, which you request as you go through customs, and they count your money if it's close to or more than $100K. Closer to $10K, they always have the option of counting it, but they often take your word for it. We've done it, that is not a problem. People who fib about carrying money may have a problem if caught, but we're not interested in breaking any laws.

The office in the Isle of Man not having any money, now that, yeah, that's a problem. In another thread, I see a Calgary address posted. Anyone tried that one? Thanks, all. I bet I wouldn't have much trouble persuading my friend to take a trip to a nice area like Alberta.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:35 PM

Chances are the Alberta address may end up at a lawyer's office.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:39 PM

Oh probably, but it just seems that Calgary is hardly the ends of the earth and someone might have tried visiting the address already who could make a report.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:47 PM

Neteller's customer service center is in Calgary
Old 01-29-2007, 02:49 PM

I have been to both of their Calgary offices. They just built a GIGANTIC office last June and it holds up to 500 people. Most of the execs are in Calgary . Trust me that address will take you right to their warehouse office building. It's massive, and very highly secure!
Old 01-29-2007, 02:52 PM

Their Canadian address was noted in the Neteller sticky.