Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Should I be raising this? $540 Venetian

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, stop being an ass and post legitimate criticisms and thought processes about the hand in question if you want to be here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll try;

1. When you hit a set with a low pair you want to get as much chips in as possible. Survival mode is only applicable at the bubble and even then I'd say you should raise the river. This is the type of flop, turn and river you want with a low pair!

2. If the tuirn/river is blank a lot of the hands that should scare you are gone. You are afraid of a back door flush draw. If an ace would come all the better for you.

3. If you raise and he has a higher set so be it, you won't have this happening to you that often and a 2 pair will (should?) call you.

4. Getting a big stack early in a tourney is often better since you will have much more room to make moves. You wont get flops like this often enough to make fancy plays when you do!

5. It's never good for anyone to see a hand that you play. You want to give as little information on the hands you play as possible. You want the players at your table regarding you as an aggressive player, that will keep them from playing aggressiv against you later in the tourney, if you play passive they will start to stab at you!

6. The fact that he didn't have a hand that would have called you is not niotressting, the times when he has a hand that will call you is!
Old 06-03-2007, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, stop being an ass and post legitimate criticisms and thought processes about the hand in question if you want to be here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll try;

1. When you hit a set with a low pair you want to get as much chips in as possible. Survival mode is only applicable at the bubble and even then I'd say you should raise the river. This is the type of flop, turn and river you want with a low pair!
Ummmm if you think I was playing "survival mode" in this hand you completely have no idea what's going on, and no this is not the flop turn and river I want with a low pair as it gives him no possible good hands really other than an over-set
2. If the tuirn/river is blank a lot of the hands that should scare you are gone. You are afraid of a back door flush draw. If an ace would come all the better for you.
Ummm I'm not afraid of a back-door flush draw at all, and obviously I'm happy to see an Ace hence my response to #1
3. If you raise and he has a higher set so be it, you won't have this happening to you that often and a 2 pair will (should?) call you.
This is still not any reason to raise, and the board was T-high something ridiculous like T2475 or some [censored], I can't even remember now but 2-pair was definitely not in his range so no he's not calling with 2-pair because he never has 2-pair here
4. Getting a big stack early in a tourney is often better since you will have much more room to make moves. You wont get flops like this often enough to make fancy plays when you do!
Ummm yeah that's why I got a big stack by playing the hand the way I did which allowed me to run over my table for the next 3 hours
5. It's never good for anyone to see a hand that you play. You want to give as little information on the hands you play as possible. You want the players at your table regarding you as an aggressive player, that will keep them from playing aggressiv against you later in the tourney, if you play passive they will start to stab at you!
This is just so wrong I don't even know where to start
6. The fact that he didn't have a hand that would have called you is not niotressting, the times when he has a hand that will call you is!
Exactly my point, he never has a hand that will call me here that I have beat

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, stop posting at this level
Old 06-03-2007, 07:49 AM

1. what was your game then?

2. what scares you then? a higher set?

3. you said it was two balnk cards, I made the assumption they were blank. And why would you call if you are so afraid of a higher set?

4. ok, good for you. How did you do in the tourney?

5. ok

6. I'd say there are hands that would call you. He could have had Tx, if your are afraid of a higher set you should have folded on the flop.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:16 AM

if he had Tx he would have folded to a raise (and he also would not have 3barrelled). WTF 2 pair does he have on this board?

maliik your posts in this thread are awful.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:18 AM

I think raising the flop is right. He's CB'ing into 2 players, which obviously doesn't mean he has a hand but it's a little more likely than normal and he sure isn't getting away from an overpair for one raise. It will make his decision tougher later, too.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:28 AM

lol at this thread
Old 06-04-2007, 01:35 AM

look, it's okay to (sometimes) call that flop, and very occasionally (and I mean very) okay to call that turn too, but ffs, raise the freaking river when you get there like this.

they aren't all supertough phil ivey clone hand readers and online donks go broke with AA a bazillion times a donkament, just freaking shove it in at some point.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:13 AM

Yeah, I think you have to get your chips in here. You're giving the other guy too much credit. Its very possible (likely?) he calls you with an overpair.
Also, although you dismissed this, I think its conceivable he has 10/7s for 2 pair, which he calls you with.
Unlike some others, I don't mind the flop and turn call, but I think you need to move some chips on the river.