Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 11-30-2007, 01:22 AM

Default fishmax KK hand

I know, but at least it's not AA! Thought I'd play a little fishmax tonight, tho.

Reads: passive, passive table. BB is a spew-machine the last couple of orbits...prior to that he was decent, and I can't really say what set him off. UTG is unknown to me. My table-image might be a little LAGgro.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

River: (19.60 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero ?
Old 11-30-2007, 01:24 AM

Default Re: fishmax KK hand

well you either won a large pot or spewed hopelessly while drawing to two outs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i like pf and flop.
turn i don't much like but it's hard to know what spew-machine means.
river why not bet again? you have the raising rock out obviously and nothing's going to deter you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
turn i don't much like but it's hard to know what spew-machine means.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was just throwing down bets with hopeless hands, but not every hand. He had been short for a while and playing that bluff-everybody-out-of-every-pot-I'm-in style, but catching enough hands to stay alive.

So, which raise on the turn don't you like?

[ QUOTE ]
river why not bet again? you have the raising rock out obviously and nothing's going to deter you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, that's the problem. I know it's bad poker, but I had a bad vibe off this one, and I can't figure out why.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:42 AM

Well, I think the river cap was a bit much, even with a maniac, but I don't think it makes that much of a difference. I would still keep on betting on the river, but I know it's thin.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:46 AM

I have to think he'd have 3bet the flop with QQ, same for AA. JJ is a slight worry, but I tend to think he's got AQ by far the most often here. And thus I think the river is a value bet.

Oh, and I do like the turn cap given your description of the villain &amp; how this hand played out.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:01 AM

I'd have put this one in NC, but I already had the thread going. Guy on my left is a different nutbag, but cut from the same I-like-pushing-people-out-of-pots cloth.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, CO folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

I was planning to bet the river, I just didn't get the chance. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

In the first hand I checked behind...I just couldn't find a hand that he'd call all the way with like that; the only thing I could come up with was QJ/QT, as even these guys will raise AQ/KQ pf, but since he's playing like he's scared of an overpair I wasn't sure he'd call.

Meh, I wussed I guess.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to think he'd have 3bet the flop with QQ, same for AA. JJ is a slight worry, but I tend to think he's got AQ by far the most often here. And thus I think the river is a value bet.

Oh, and I do like the turn cap given your description of the villain &amp; how this hand played out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also think AQ is the most likely hand for villain. I think TT is the second most likely hand for the villain.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:58 PM

due to weird pot size and converter, looks like bb's all in, bet the river.

bbv:

last night a guy hit me with 97 vs JJ on J6258... I think that's like 60:1 or something, meh. Might have had a BDF too, though.