Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 11-04-2007, 04:08 AM

Default Regaining Confidence

Hi guys, i need massive help in this. After cashing out and leaveing only like 400$ in my account (im a 100, 50 and 25nl regular) ive been in a dowsning, partly beats, mostly playing like a retard, doing stupid stuff, playing limit holdem and basicaly my fault. I dropped a lot this days and today i got horribly sucked out on the river and now i only have 100$ in my account.

Now i play 25nl and i feel the bets giagiantic....i feel i cannot win a hand, i feel i cant have a winning session etc. My confidence is extremely low now. Prolly need to wire more moeny but i cant with the confidence so low

How do u guys regain confidence?

Regards

Joe
Old 11-04-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Regaining Confidence

NL10 sounds like a good idea until you get a few winning sessions under your belt.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:45 AM

Just played 25 short handed QQ goes down to a flopped flush and lost 25 more, im at 80 now....im for sure going busto at this rythm, im unpatient at the tables and cant win....definitely going to 10nl again :S
Old 11-04-2007, 05:29 AM

Win more. When I go on big downswings I feel so small and helpless, and my play becomes weak. After winning a buy-in or two I play with confidence and much more aggressively. Just stick at 10NL and play super solid nitty poker.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Win more. When I go on big downswings I feel so small and helpless, and my play becomes weak. After winning a buy-in or two I play with confidence and much more aggressively. Just stick at 10NL and play super solid nitty poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

U dont know how much ur post has helped me, that small and helpless words are exactly what i feel now....i feel like poker is over for me and im a loser.....but it makes me feel much better to know other people have felt my way, thanks a ton for ur post...seriously...
Old 11-04-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
now i only have 100$ in my account

[/ QUOTE ]

This bankroll is barely enough to play NL $10. Play micros at NL $5 until you get your BR to $200. Then NL $10 until you have $500. Then NL $25... etc.

If you hate playing such low limits, then put in enough of a bankroll to play confidently that you aren't risking losing your roll in a single session.