Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $12
Hero: $20.20
CO: $14.45
Button: $1.80
SB: $2.10
BB: $6.15

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $1.8</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($7.35, 3 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $7.35)
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $7.35</font>, UTG calls, Hero ?

Reads: CO is pretty aggressive and will always bet if no one looks interested. UTG is pretty solid.

Firstly I should be reraising this pf, right? I'm usually pretty aggressive when I've raised pf, but this is the first time I've been in a multiway pot of this size, so how should I play the flop? Newish player, go easy.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Big pot played poorly

fold, no one should be stupid enough to bluff a dry sidepot vs possibly AA.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:59 AM

This is a great spot to raise again preflop, you have pretty much the nuts and you can get a lot of money in.

If CO is as aggro as you describe I call and cc the turn or push the river all in, against most players you can just fold the flop or bet/give up.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:22 AM

Thanks for the replies. This hand reminded me of one I had a few days previously, that I still can't decide on. Again I'm way behind AAxx but decently ahead of anything else. Here Villain has shown that he's capable of raising with hands other than AAxx, and he's also shown he's not averse to bluffing if he's been betting/raising hard earlier in the hand. Given that, and ignoring that the pf call is questionable, how should I be playing the following hand?

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $14.25
UTG+1: $15.50
CO: $3.50
Button: $11.05
SB: $19.05
BB: $14.85

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $0.45</font>, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.45, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $3.55</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($8.55, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button is all-in $7.05</font>, Hero ?
Old 06-03-2007, 11:53 AM

I think push flop is not wrong...or is it?
Old 06-03-2007, 11:49 PM

I'm guessing that most opponents at this level would be flipping over AAxx given the play in this hand. In that regards I'd need a strong read that he has the propensity to bluff and try and rep AA in a spot like this, which is probably not a strong prospect at this level, but I'm just guessing at how .5/.10 plays. You could probably be also looking at AKQT or something like that, but that's probably about it.