Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $1.98
UTG+1: $0.98
CO: $2.64
Button: $2.11
Hero: $3.05
BB: $3

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.04</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($0.2, 5 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.2, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.1</font>, BB calls, 3 folds.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.4, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $0.6</font>

What should I do?

PS: Just some informations: I had no idea about the guy cause I sit one minute before.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:07 AM

Default Re: What should I do?

I suppose a call would be standard.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:13 AM

I think you made a few mistakes during that hand. I would bet the flop potsize and i would bet the turn potsize. There is no reason to slowplay that hand. If you want to win a big pot, you should built a big pot.

I would call this miniraise on the river because miniraises often indicate weakness or a medium strenght hand. Especially on that limit the playes miniraise with nearly any kind of hand, so folding is in my opinion not an option. I think he would potsize raise with really good hand. A call is here longterm +EV.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:18 PM

Ok, I will tell you the end. I call and he has (as I suspected) full house.

About the way in which I played the hand I agree with you: I played it in an horrible way. The problem is that, after one month at this level, I can say that it is not exactly true the fact that people call with everything. It is true that there are some suckers (and what kind of...!!!) but usually people are more than tight [obviously post-flop, cause pre-flop are iper-loose].
I wanted to make a little call on the flop and a pot-bet on the turn, but they checked. The problem is that I am almost sure (say 19/20) that with a bet they fold all toghether and I was SB. Usually there is someone (say 1/2) that try to bluff in this kind of pots after some checks. I thought that, being in SB, I could try to slowplay (or check-raise, depending on the guy that made the bet). In middle position I would bet, that's for sure.

About the last bet, I really had the feeling he had a Full house but I called (it was possible he had a Jack-flush). Nevertheless I thought it was an uncorrect call from a mathematical point of view.

PS: about small bets that show weakness, usually it is true but at this level it is almost always true the contrary. It is interesting to say that it depends on the betting patterns of the villain in turn and flop.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:24 PM

id call the minraise in the end but as the others told you already pot it flop and turn u dont want to see the board pairing
besides i wouldnt minraise this hand from the sb preflop. whats ur reason for that? u have a very medicore hand which will be oop postflop so u dont want to play a big pot, ur minraise is reopening the betting and u really dont wanna see a potsize 3 bet with that kind of hand
Old 11-03-2007, 01:27 PM

Minraise on the river is the nuts just about 100% of the time at low limits.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:34 PM

You know, your question is perfect and the only thing I can say is that probably I was a little on tilt cause was hal an hour that I had no decent cards (which is, nevertheless, not a good excuse).

Thank you for the advice. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2007, 01:36 PM

Not 100 percent, but almost.
It depends on the board and the villain but usually it is true.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:27 PM

pot flop and turn

Fold river