Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Absolute-Mason Took My Muzzle Off

no mention of seif?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4. The information provided by AP included stuff that is not supposed to be given out. This extra information was even more incriminating than the normally given out information would have been. It included the fact that there was someone who was observing the winner for a long time. And that this observer was known to once be a part owner of AP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you didn't note this anywhere, the extra information also included hole cards of all players, which is what allowed everyone to determine that the winner was quite obviously cheating.

Answer to #12 is likely "retardation."

Answer to #13 is more of a technical issue than a scientific one. Scientifically it's absolutely possible, you just program something that's like "if superuser send all cards" and bam, there you go. Properly guarded, in fact, it's perfectly harmless for sites to have accounts that can see hole cards of players, as long as they are used exclusively in a testing environment and can't play for real money etc etc /precautions. I'd imagine (based solely on my experience as a computer programmer) that other sites probably do have this capability; for unregulated offshore companies, why would they do extra work to remove this functionality from their software once testing is complete? We've all dealt with FTP support, we know that as a company they're prob gonna cut corners with stuff like this whenever possible. The problem is when sites get lax with protecting stuff like this from getting into the hands of employees that are like "lol $$$" and do stupid crap like what the AP employees did.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
THANK GOD SKLANSKY FINALLY CHIMED IN. WE WERE ALL WONDERING WHERE HE HAS BEEN THROUGH ALL OF THIS. AMIRITE?

[/ QUOTE ]THE ENTIRE SCANDAL HAS BEEN MEANINGLESS UNTIL NOW. I CAN'T WAIT FOR SKLANSKY'S INSIGHT, AND I ALSO AM POSITIVE THAT WHAT HE SAYS WILL NOT HAVE ALREADY BEEN SAID HUNDREDS OF TIMES BEFORE!!
Old 11-12-2007, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6. The play of the winner made it so outlandishly obvious that he could see cards that one would think that he was hoping to get caught. Perhaps to discredit AP, perhaps for other reasons. If that wasn't the case, the guy had to be either an idiot or high on something. Because if he was just a poker cheat, he stood to win millions if he was less obvious about knowing the hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was an idiot. I don't think he made it obvious on purpose to damage AP... even the most vindictive person would be hard-pressed to turn away millions (if he cheats "properly") for the sake of getting back at a former employer.

I think this guy was just a dumbass who came across too powerful of a weapon and just didn't know how to use intelligently.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:41 AM

In before lock.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:48 AM

David, in response to this post... who cares.

Say something or say nothing at all
Old 11-12-2007, 05:49 AM

it's new info cuz David Sklansky types it imo
Old 11-12-2007, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no mention of seif?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fill me in. Barely know who he is. Anything else I need to know? Am I correct that the hand histories allowed for no other explanation? Even multi player collusion?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:53 AM

Nice to see you've kept up with this controversy, David.

Very nice
Old 11-12-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no mention of seif?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fill me in. Barely know who he is. Anything else I need to know? Am I correct that the hand histories allowed for no other explanation? Even multi player collusion?

[/ QUOTE ]

David,

Mark Seif was involved in an incident on 02/15/06 with stuckinpgh in which it appeared that he could see hole cards.

http://www.internettexasholdem.com/phpbb...as-vt34808.html

Edit: Fixed link.
gTg