Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2006, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Extraction vs Protection $10 NLTRN

I used to play mostly HU sngs. I've seen it all in my days. First, you made a standard button raise. You like villian is giving you credit for a flush just yet ? He obviously is calling preflop. Standard play all around. On the flop, he's leading out to see where he's at probably. I like the reraise here. To many players tend to just smooth call her, and there hand becomes second best if a dimoond comes or baord pairs. Then it gets tough to play. I don't really like to get tricky in big pots. I agree with the rereaise for the other two reasons. If he calls this, and the board doesnt pair on turn or the river or no dimond hits than I'm playing / calling an all in bet.I think he's drawing to a flush here. With any real hand he could come back over the top of you. I really think he checks this turn for pot control. He will hope you check behind me. Here you have two options. If you think your dominating him and can force more chips out of him on the river if non diamond hits than you can bet for value. I'd bet around 2/3 the pot here. It's enough that if he calls, you get an idea of where he's at. Your stating to him your pot committed on this hand. With one card to come I prefer to bet big here and let him chase. If non diamond hits and he checks, he's probably not calling any bet that would justify your play of just checking the flop. Your missing chances to gain chip with best hand most likely. I'd bet that turn big and see what river brings.