Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 06:14 AM

Default Re: I am a dealer

[ QUOTE ]

So the bottom line is, complain to the floor when stuff like that happens, so that the Mario's and me's of the world can get more money. (We'll also act like professionals.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Mario did get a redbird from me, at least partially because his behavior looked so good in comparison to the other dealer.

SpaceAce
Old 11-23-2005, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Tip Hustling at the Trop

[ QUOTE ]
Should have called the Manager. I am sure he would have got the guy, who was buying the whole table expensive drinks and throwing money around like it was going out of style, bounced out of there quickly. Wouldn't want the guy having trouble tipping $5 instead of $3 getting all bent out of shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, did you actually read my post? Are you perhaps drunk or just lacking in the reading comprehension skills department? I LOVED the drunk guy and he has absolutely nothing to do with the main point of the post. Move along now.

SpaceAce
Old 11-23-2005, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Endless drunken action, the entire table taking turns wearing "Raymer" glasses

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't that bizarre? Team Fold found a bag full of sun glasses on the ground and when they finally made their way to you, you started winning. Good stuff.

For anyone who hasn't figured it out, Howard was the other 2+2er at the table with me and you can see from his contribution that what was going on was not a mere single hustle or one dealer trying to pry a few extra bucks out of a drunk's hands. The dealer's behavior was outrageous and so was the cocktail waitresses's.

SpaceAce
Old 11-23-2005, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you tip even $3?

That really is a very strange story, never seen anything like it. Usually when a dealer gets over $5 they just say thanks and put it in their box as fast as they can

[/ QUOTE ]

I was doing well in the game and feeling good. I usually do tip a little extra for unusually large pots and it was mostly habit.

SpaceAce
Old 11-23-2005, 11:52 AM

Anyone seen the cocktail waitress at the Trop who's a dead ringer for Catherine Zeta-Jones? She works weeknights and she's smoking.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:31 PM

SMALL amounts of tip hustling I can see. I'll tell you one story of my own. I was dealing a small game with half dollars in it. I pushed a big pot and this guy got a bunch of ones and half dollars in it. He tossed me three bucks, I said thank you. He tossed a half dollar, I said thank you. He tossed another buck, I said thank you. Then he tossed another half dollar, and I said "keep 'em coming!" It was kind of accidental of me, but it got a huge laugh out of the table, embarrassed me slightly, and got me another buck to boot. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

However, the blatant tip hustling you describe by the dealer is absolutely unacceptable. I'd say to kick them in the nuts, but.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The waitress wasn't TOO out of line, but "technically" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]...

al
Old 11-23-2005, 01:36 PM

I guess I didn't get the "super greedy cocktail waitress" impression from the OP. However, both their behavior would get you written up, if not outright fired from many joints here in town. I wouldn't feel too much sympathy either.

As for the "girl with the [censored]" I'd just say "well you didn't leave them hanging out that far to keep them from being looked at." Gimme a friggin' break already.

al
Old 11-23-2005, 01:37 PM

sounds like it wouldve been a blast to be at that table
Old 11-23-2005, 02:20 PM

"As for the "girl with the [censored]" I'd just say "well you didn't leave them hanging out that far to keep them from being looked at." Gimme a friggin' break already."

Good point Al.

FWIW, When she said to me (while I was wearing the "Raymer glasses"), "Are you looking at my T!TS?"......

I replied, "Lady, I've been looking at 'em all night!".

It got a good chuckle from the table (including "Miss DD" herself). YMMV.

Howard
Old 11-23-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"As for the "girl with the [censored]" I'd just say "well you didn't leave them hanging out that far to keep them from being looked at." Gimme a friggin' break already."

Good point Al.

FWIW, When she said to me (while I was wearing the "Raymer glasses"), "Are you looking at my T!TS?"......

I replied, "Lady, I've been looking at 'em all night!".

It got a good chuckle from the table (including "Miss DD" herself). YMMV.

Howard

[/ QUOTE ]

haha