Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 08:23 AM

Default holy [censored], flopped quads!

Semi-kidding. I did, but that's not the reason why I had you click. Hey, nothing in the FAQ against a little humor lol.

Juliio's my name and .02/.04 is my game. I had a pretty good session tonight and in general I feel like my LHE game has come a long way. So I'm gonna post some of my troubled hands in the session. Since this is another "oh no, not more than 1 hand" post, feel free to comment on whatever you want.

Hand 1

Honestly, I had a sense that I had the best hand on the flop but I didn't bet cause of one behind me and if someone was slowplaying that 10. Another round of checks on the turn, figure I'll pop it once, and if I get re-raised some rat just slow-played me. I was too chickenshit to fire another one on the river even though I knew I had the best hand.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.02/$0.04
7 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is MP1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, 2 folds, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2.25BB, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, 2 folds.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4.25BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks.

Results:
Final pot: 4.25BB

Hand 2

Wowie, lots of possibilities. 5+9+4 outs, and I already hit a piece. But here's the real question.. Is this hand worth capping down to the river?

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
7 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6SB, 6 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.5BB, 5 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10.5BB, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button calls all-in $0.02</font>.
Uncalled bets: 0.5BB returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: 11.5BB

Hand 3

So I won't be considered a liar lol. I need to flop these more often.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5SB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, 3 folds, CO calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3.5BB, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: 3.5BB

Hand 4

Did I play this hand too cautiously on turn and river?

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5SB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4BB, 3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4BB, 3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Results:
Final pot: 4BB

Hand 5

Was I correct to raise and call on the turn? Top pair+flush draw+8s. I thought I made a good decision on the river, but my real concern here is my play on the turn.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.5BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (11.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 13.5BB
Old 10-02-2007, 08:31 AM

Default Re: holy [censored], flopped quads!

tl;dr
Old 10-02-2007, 08:52 AM

Don't post quad hands, they are boring and there are no decisions to make.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:59 AM

Usually, post fewer hands. Also, I prefer splitting them over posts.

Hand 1: I bet the flop, close down if I get more than 1 caller, otherwise bet this turn.

Hand 2: I bet the turn for value and also a bit to protect my hand.
I just call if someone raises the river.

Hand 3: I'd consider to actually slowplay the flop here, though it's rather unfortunate here that you're betting chases everyone out.

Hand 4: Maybe you can bet the river because a lot of K-x with worse kickers may call, but it's rather marginal.

Hand 5: Fold preflop (or raise, but certainly no limp).
I check-raise the flop. As played, I just call the turn. As played, the river is a call, though not a happy one.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:02 PM

Hand One:

This is value poker time here not superstar death match.

I think you have to learn to lead with decent pockets and get yourself in trouble sometimes but realize that equity will come.

88's are good starting hands to bet with in the middle of the pack first in. Lead the flop and then see what happens. Knowing the ranges of your opponents is important with pockets, to know what to do next.

You definitely missed a value bet on the river.

Hand Two:

Bet the Turn you just got 2.5 more outs. You have 8 flush outs, 1 straight flush out, 5.5 straight outs and 2 for trips which may be good. 16 outs is nothing to sneeze at. They miss but the equity is so good here, I don't care what they do afterwards. They called the flop you have equity so bet for very easy value. If anyone of them had anything close to a monster draw here other than yourself I would be amazed. Because of position you can't reraise sadly when you missed the value bet to start.

Hand Three:

button again I raise with the 55's in a limped pot. Position is a huge advantage here. If you limp on the button you cost yourself a lot of equity here even when you miss the set.

Hand 4:

Fear is going to kill you. Bet for value on the turn, if someone has the ace they call or raise. What happens when they raise? Well that is where reads happen. Will BB slow play an ace? Doubtful if they watched you at all and if they didn't they donk whenever they see an Ace when they have one anyways so not to concerned of him.

Button called preflop. Usually that means he has a non ace hand in a limped board. He might have a king of course but if you check to him and he bets you have to fold. I am pretty sure he doesn't have an ace. He seemed content to call with the King so now he may fold with the ace, if he calls 9 kicker may be good enough. Guarantee though he isn't check/raising unless he slowplayed preflop. Not likely at this level. Bet/fold the river not a great card for you.

Hand 5:

Why did you call the flop? Seriously what was going through your mind. How many outs do you have on the flop? On the turn?

You are passive preflop and postflop. You need to work on upping your aggression. Q9s in CO is an easy raising hand preflop. Definitely reraise the SB donk. I guess you know what I am going to say on the river call too.

My lord do you miss a lot of value.

I would consider you a good student and willing to learn. I would practice counting outs and understanding equity positions a lot better. You don't have to have the nuts to bet.

Tell yourself that you aren't afraid to lose the money. I started the exact same way as you by the way.

Now I am one of the loosest most aggressive successful microers. I did a few exercises to get myself out of the shell of fear. Fear is the mindkiller.

Read Psychology of Poker, The Poker Mindset, and Killer Poker in that order. Do the workbook exercises in all 3 books.

Trust me it will help your game.

PS. Move up to .5/.10 as soon as you have 300bb as a bankroll, ie 30 bucks. When you have some winnings at that level you can move down and do some training exercises outlined in Killer Poker without too much money to lose.

I believe you will be surprised by the results however and not lose.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, nothing in the FAQ against a little humor lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you'd actually READ the FAQ, you'd know it's not a good idea to post more than one hand at a time just because they're from the same session.

Hand 1, bet the flop.
Hand 2, don't bet the flop.
Hand 3, siihp.
Hand 4, meh, if you bet the turn you have to fold to a raise.
Hand 5, raise pf if you're going to play. Raise the flop. Call the turn and fold river.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:20 PM

Hand 5:

fold a straight because the guy has an ace 100% of the time?

WTF?
Old 10-02-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3, siihp.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]??
Old 10-02-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 5:

fold a straight because the guy has an ace 100% of the time?

WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, because he has an ace &gt; 7% of the time, given the action (unless you know that he's at the table with a seeing-eye dog and a respirator [he can't see OR breathe without help]). And, not for nothing, if Hero had raised either pf or on the flop, the hand would be playing a lot easier now.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 3, siihp.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]??

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you not know what it means, or why I said it? I said it because, short of "don't fold," what are you really going to say about a quads hand? As to what it means, try the search function.