Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: 30/60 turn spot

Schneids--

Thanks for posting that. You're Schneids and I'm not, so take this with a grain of salt, but I've played in tons of live mid-limit games against tons of live mid-limit opponents, and I'm pretty sure that most of them fold some pairs in this spot. Even as a theoretical matter, it's not at all obvious to me that if two perfect computers were playing this hand, the BB wouldn't fold any pairs. (Not that you were quite implying this; I'm just saying that both practically and conceptually I think you get some folds.)

--Nate
Old 11-23-2007, 04:25 PM

Put me in the Pokerbob camp if we are just taking a pole now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-23-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

but I've played in tons of live mid-limit games against tons of live mid-limit opponents, and I'm pretty sure that most of them fold some pairs in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they are just folding air-overs.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

but I've played in tons of live mid-limit games against tons of live mid-limit opponents, and I'm pretty sure that most of them fold some pairs in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nate - you play at CAZ mostly,nobody ever folds in the mid-limit games there. B-Pob is right.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nate - you play at CAZ mostly,nobody ever folds in the mid-limit games there. B-Pob is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT--

People made terrible folds to me at CAZ all the time. I know this because (a) of certain statistical inferences and (b) because they'd show me sometimes. (They also called me down in ridiculous spots, but you have to remember that they aren't thinking in a 2+2 mentality, and that they can adopt strategies against me that included both bad calldowns and bad folds. Indeed, that's why I played the way I did.)

I feel like I'm in a Lewis Carroll novel here. Various people who are orders of magnitude better than me at LHE are telling me I'm wrong, but however I crunch the numbers it just seems impossible. Good thing that various other people who are orders of magnitude better than me at LHE agree with me.

--Nate
Old 11-23-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good thing that various other people who are orders of magnitude better than me at LHE agree with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

you may need to reassess your opinion of their abilities.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good thing that various other people who are orders of magnitude better than me at LHE agree with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cute.

--Nate
Old 11-23-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cute.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am being very serious here. I often used to defer to people that I assumed played much better than I did (many of them long time posters on this forum), and it hindered my development substantially.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cute.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am being very serious here. I often used to defer to people that I assumed played much better than I did (many of them long time posters on this forum), and it hindered my development substantially.

[/ QUOTE ]

PB--

Well, thanks for the advice, then. I don't think I have any trouble thinking for myself, poker-wise, though. If you cared about my poker biography I'd elaborate, but I can't imagine you have any reason to. As far as putting too much stock specifically in 2+2ers... I've played and talked poker with too many 2+2ers to do that.

--Nate
Old 11-23-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I have any trouble thinking for myself, poker-wise, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good. I think that is ultimately where one wants to be. That said, I do think it also is invaluable to have people with whom you can share ideas/discuss hands with. It is in the finding/choosing of these people where the waters can get very murky.