Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

The Weller is in the league of $30-$40 bourbons, and maybe some even pricier than that, IMO. It's a great one for normal drinking but for this, going from 80 to 107 proof is basically going from drinking about 17 1.5 oz shots in 3 hours to drinking 21 shots in 3 hours. I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Weller is in the league of $30-$40 bourbons, and maybe some even pricier than that, IMO. It's a great one for normal drinking but for this, going from 80 to 107 proof is basically going from drinking about 17 1.5 oz shots in 3 hours to drinking 21 shots in 3 hours. I wouldn't recommend it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that would just be dumb, not that this is a great idea in the first place.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:45 PM

George Dickel was my standard back in the day when I was into that sort of thing. The white label, I forget what number that is.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:48 PM

Happy Birthday Chipwrecked! Any cool plans for the day?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2007, 01:43 PM

Happy birthday CW!
Old 11-18-2007, 12:26 AM

Today was a beautiful day here in Montana. Mostly sunny and about 60 degrees. Dinner tonight was Venison Chili and cornbread and it was REALLY good!

Went hunting with my wife for a little bit this afternoon until dark. Enjoyed hiking in the woods and managed to get a big old Whitetail Doe. I will work on her tomorrow and when I have a chance later this week will cut some steaks and try my hand at sausage making with the grind (Burger). I am debating between breakfast sausage or Summer Sausage. Either one sounds spretty darn good.

I bought a big electric meat grinder this year and have been doing all of my own processing this year. It has been a bit of work but it feels pretty good to have a freezer full of meat and know that it is all something I have taken care of myself.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Today was a beautiful day here in Montana. Mostly sunny and about 60 degrees. Dinner tonight was Venison Chili and cornbread and it was REALLY good!

Went hunting with my wife for a little bit this afternoon until dark. Enjoyed hiking in the woods and managed to get a big old Whitetail Doe. I will work on her tomorrow and when I have a chance later this week will cut some steaks and try my hand at sausage making with the grind (Burger). I am debating between breakfast sausage or Summer Sausage. Either one sounds spretty darn good.

I bought a big electric meat grinder this year and have been doing all of my own processing this year. It has been a bit of work but it feels pretty good to have a freezer full of meat and know that it is all something I have taken care of myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I opened a can of tuna, cut up some celery, tomatoes and onion, and stalked me a sandwich.

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2007, 05:18 AM

Sooner or later, everyone winds up Ray Zee.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:41 AM

I hate to bring everyone down this morning but I am very worried about global warming. I've been reading some articles on it. This thing is happening fast and will affect all of us. Personally I'm very troubled by it. Did you know my part of the country got almost no rain at all this past spring and summer? It was really disturbing. Seriously, no one bothered to mow their lawns the ENTIRE summer. The rivers and creeks were so shallow by late July that you couldn't push a canoe through them. My friends went canoing and had to literally carry the canoe down river for most of the trip. Are we doomed as my fundamentalist family members claim?

On a lighter note, this picture (posted by Fishwhenican in the Crazy Chick thread) is making me laugh so hard that I am refraining from weeping in despair

[ QUOTE ]

Or how about Cloris Leachman as Frau Blücher in the same movie?

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehe [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Thanks Fish! You Loungers are the best.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:58 AM

i am too uninformed about the specifics w/respect to global warming, i need to fix that.

trip report from yesterday later (when i feel better), but mission accomplished.
Closed Thread