Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Official Full TIlt Regulars Thread: Part II

Info on snafu2? I've just moved up to 50nl and would be interested to hear opinions.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol anyone played with Phil Ivey Face at 50nl? thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

He seems like another player who gets frustrated if he's not the table captain. Here's a deep hand where he decided to fight back:

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $54.95
BB: $25.75
UTG: $33.55
MP: $39.80
CO: $44.35
Hero (BTN): $107.30

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.60</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $5.40

Flop: ($16.35) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $15</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $99.30 and is All-In</font>, CO folds

Results: $46.35 Pot ($2.30 Rake)
Hero mucked K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and WON $44.05 (+$21.05 NET)

I've only seen him that one session. I've since wondered what he could have folded there after contributing over a buyin. He obviously doesn't fold AA-88. AQ or AK are both possible considering my image, or he could have gotten cute with a baby pair or low suited connectors. After betting $15 into a $16 pot, I kind of expected him to snap call. Weird hand.

Out of position, he could be trouble though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I'm Phil Ivey Face.

Don't remember what I had there, but it looks like either AK or light 4-bet... I'm assuming AK.

At that point in the hand I was getting about 2 to 1 and given the way the hand played out, AK or a completely missed light 4-bet are all I can see myself folding.

I don't remember for sure, but my range for you probably consisted of AA-88 and AK hearts.

When you shove over on that flop, I don't think I'm getting 2 to 1 on that range flop to river as there's only 1 way to make AK hearts, while there are multiple ways to make every other possible hand in your range.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:48 PM

Also, any other critical analysis of my play is welcomed and appreciated.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:37 PM

not sure why you would bet that flop whether you were light 4betting or had AK.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:00 PM

anyone has anything on max-adolf nl25..either hes ass good or running hot as hell
Old 11-05-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ya and the good thing about this is as long as your doing this with the right frequency, its pretty much unexploitable because most regs(myself included) are at the table to take the fish to value town not try to guess when a tag is fos and 4 bet them light or call down light, especially OOP. I actually think beating NL$50 is as simple as finding tables with 2 or more fish to valuetown, making the occasional move against the regs for metagame/balance, and recognizing good situations for blind stealing and the occasional squeeze.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, exactly. EXACTLY. Couldn't have said it better myself. It kinda sucks when a reg knows your game, but it's not as bad as I used to think. Playing back isn't really all that profitable either. I had some fellah yesterday 3betting the crap out of me and finally realized it didn't really matter.

Still -- Hey, BDECKER, cut it out!! You were letting the fish go to play poker instead.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol anyone played with Phil Ivey Face at 50nl? thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

He seems like another player who gets frustrated if he's not the table captain. Here's a deep hand where he decided to fight back:

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

SB: $54.95
BB: $25.75
UTG: $33.55
MP: $39.80
CO: $44.35
Hero (BTN): $107.30

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.60</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $5.40

Flop: ($16.35) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $15</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $99.30 and is All-In</font>, CO folds

Results: $46.35 Pot ($2.30 Rake)
Hero mucked K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and WON $44.05 (+$21.05 NET)

I've only seen him that one session. I've since wondered what he could have folded there after contributing over a buyin. He obviously doesn't fold AA-88. AQ or AK are both possible considering my image, or he could have gotten cute with a baby pair or low suited connectors. After betting $15 into a $16 pot, I kind of expected him to snap call. Weird hand.

Out of position, he could be trouble though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I'm Phil Ivey Face.

Don't remember what I had there, but it looks like either AK or light 4-bet... I'm assuming AK.

At that point in the hand I was getting about 2 to 1 and given the way the hand played out, AK or a completely missed light 4-bet are all I can see myself folding.

I don't remember for sure, but my range for you probably consisted of AA-88 and AK hearts.

When you shove over on that flop, I don't think I'm getting 2 to 1 on that range flop to river as there's only 1 way to make AK hearts, while there are multiple ways to make every other possible hand in your range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck...you manage to get in 1/2 your stack at the flop only to fold? Horrible hand planning/management.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:28 PM

check- if i 4bet pre, what am i representing? Even playing hyperaggressive, as i'm apt to do, 4betting pre is representing very strong. i don't remember what my specific range for albedoa was in this hand, but i must've judged that i had enough fold equity to justify it. his range for me must've been strong, too.

with my essentially pot-sized bet, i need to win half the time to break even. at the time, i must've felt it was +ev, whether it was or not.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Info on snafu2? I've just moved up to 50nl and would be interested to hear opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

only 91 hands on you.. so nothing really... BUT the fish sure like bluffing at you! This is 2 of the 3 shown down hands I have on you.

You are BTN here:
Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

UTG: $22.65
CO: $40.65
BTN: $50
SB: $42
Hero (BB): $42.40

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.50, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.25</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $3.50</font>, CO calls $3.50

Turn: ($12.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $7</font>, CO calls $7

River: ($26.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $27.90 and is All-In</font>, BTN calls $27.90

Results: $82.05 Pot ($3 Rake)
CO showed T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (King Queen high) and LOST (-$40.65 NET)
BTN showed 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Sevens) and WON $79.05 (+$38.40 NET)

and you are SB here:
Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

BTN: $30.10
SB: $65.85
BB: $113.45
UTG: $55.20
Hero (CO): $66.65

Pre-Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, BTN calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, BB checks

Flop: ($1.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($1.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.25</font>, BB calls $1.25, BTN folds

River: ($4) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $11</font>, SB calls $8.50

Results: $26 Pot ($1.30 Rake)
SB showed J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Jacks) and WON $24.70 (+$11.95 NET)
BB showed K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Ace King high) and LOST (-$12.75 NET)

BTW, I raise AJs in SB after BTN open limps like this.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:35 PM

bravos1- results-oriented.

i'm not sure whether or not i like my play in that hand (i know you don't), but if you can tell me where you think there were mistakes in my thought process, i'd appreciate it more than just saying the results.

the only place that i feel i may've made a bad decision was continuing with the hand on the flop. if anyone wants to comment, i'd appreciate hearing different viewpoints