FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Rock Band

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At 38, none of my friends play this stuff. Maybe I will be able to form an online band or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I'm 30 and happy to see that I am the 2nd oldest person playing this series instead of the oldest as previously hypothesized.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 36, so you're only the 3rd oldest. But some older people do play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

31 here....geezer band FTW anyone? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be 38 in 3 months, so there!

[/ QUOTE ]

So far I have you all beat [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Old guys FTW or until I break a hip, whichever comes first.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:16 PM

42 here...
Old 11-14-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Par,

Amazon Prime FTW! I preordered through there, although I'm concerned they won't be able to fullfil all of them right away.

And man, you are old! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Couple of problems with Amazon; first, they are NOW listing the special edition (full kit) for $249.99, which is a full $80 higher than anyone else. I swear it was $169.99 when I checked the other day. Even worse-

[ QUOTE ]
Rock Band purchase policy
Rock Band is in very high demand and the initial industry supply will be limited. Amazon.com is accepting pre-orders for this item; however, we will not be able to fulfill all pre-orders immediately when the item is released. We will fulfill orders as inventory becomes available, and we expect that all pre-orders will be fulfilled by mid-December. The estimated delivery date for these pre-orders may not be accurate when the order is placed, but we will fulfill pre-orders as quickly as possible as we receive inventory of this item.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] that noise. I am going to call Fry's the millisecond they open on Tuesday and try to reserve a copy. Barring that, I will order from somewhere OTHER than Amazon and bite the bullet on the overnight shipping charges.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:11 PM

I haven't preordered from anywhere-- am I [censored]?
Old 11-15-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tried the guitar at Best Buy today. Very nice hardware. Better than the SG and the Explorer and the Les Paul.

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like the consensus is that the guitar sucks pretty bad. Odd because I liked it. But I posted this before I bought GH3. The Les Paul is awesome and definitely better than the RB guitar. Always hated the Explorer, though (probably because mine broke within a couple of weeks of buying it), and I thought that RB guitar was better than the Explorer.

However, you can use the Les Paul with Rock Band, though.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:35 PM

So, if I can use my guitar from GH3, can I just buy the game and play it as, like, Guitar Hero 3.1, without needing the extra instruments? Or will I not be able to hear anything but guitar, then? 33, BTW.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't preordered from anywhere-- am I [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe. Check around with your local game stores and see if they are taking preorders. If they are taking them but are out, you are [censored]. Well, at least not guaranteed to be playing Tuesday night.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:36 AM

The Best Buy a mile from my house is doing a midnight sale. They did this with GH3 and had way more product than they were ever going to move. I kind of figured that would happen with RB too but now I'm not so sure...
Old 11-17-2007, 10:35 AM

The RB guitar at the Best Buy demo in my town had a broken strum bar (which felt flimsy to begin with) so I played it with the D-pad. I didn't like the chart for Say it Ain't So; but the drums were cool to play with.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:10 PM

It really seems like this genre game is damn close to being a game with actual results...

Someone mentioned earlier that if you can beat expert mode on the drums, you should actually be able to play the drums (i assume you'd just have a solid grasp of the fundamentals).

Well... I'm sure if I had a game like this for the piano when I was a kid, I wouldn't have been such a lazy ass about practicing, and wouldn't have sucked so bad. Quite frankly, its a very effective visual way of learning.

Has there been any talk of...say...a way to learn actual instruments with a game like this? It seems just a few steps off of what the game is currently... Would something like that be too educational to be a cool game?

Meh, just hopeful i guess [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]