Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2007, 01:36 PM

Default gmail has been hacked...what to do?

I don't know what to do here. I have several gmail accounts but I have lost access to my main account, the one that is my actual name @gmail.com

I checked one of my secondary accounts and the inbox is missing all of the emails from six months ago up until ~10:00am today. WTF. These are the only two addresses that would contain any information that I don't want compromised and they are the only two that appear to have been [censored] with.

I'm freaking out a little bit here. I'm running scans and I've changed my poker passwords, etc. I filled out a couple of stupid forms to send to gmail. There is information in the one account that I NEED, though. Has anyone had their gmail compromised before? How quick were they to respond? What was the resolution?

Part of the problem here is that these accounts were created so long ago that I don't have a clue who the gmail referrer was or what the secondary addresses are for the accounts. WTF, do people really keep track of this stuff forever?

My password would be impossible to guess and there's no way anyone has had access to my pc/laptop so I'm assuming I have a keyloger. [censored]. What do I do?