Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting so close on Tier 7, I just need to luckbox my way into it.

I'm good at alt-strumming the Knights of Cydonia parts though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt like I was getting better at this game. I even felt like the songs were slowing down for me. Then I hit that first Tier 7 song, it was like getting a bucket of ice water dumped on my head while my console yells "Sit Down, Fool!".
Old 11-26-2007, 11:20 AM

tier 7 hard took me a while

tier 8 hard it taking me a while. but, i finished cliffs of dover easily and just finished one last night. couple more to go!

also on tier 5 on expert

been playing online more than anything the past few days. i like playing songs that i've never seen before and sight-reading and doing better than the person i'm up against
Old 11-26-2007, 11:29 AM

i'm at the wall where i can 5* lots of songs on hard but am completely lost on songs where you have to alt strum.

is there an alt strumming lesson online anywhere? good songs (on medium maybe?) to play the whole way through?
Old 11-26-2007, 12:06 PM

All my life... (Foo Fighters DLC) would be a good one to learn how to use alt-struming and downstrumming together...

haven't played it on anything but expert but it's got a bunch of tempo changes
Old 11-26-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm at the wall where i can 5* lots of songs on hard but am completely lost on songs where you have to alt strum.

is there an alt strumming lesson online anywhere? good songs (on medium maybe?) to play the whole way through?

[/ QUOTE ]

On GH3, I'd recommend practicing Talk Dirty To Me and alt-strumming the chords. They're not really fast, pretty simple changes, but once you get the feel of that down you can speed up to the fast ones.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:17 PM

Alt strumming kills me also. There are few songs on Medium that even need alt-strumming, so you hardly ever have to use it. But going to Hard means a lot of alt-strumming.

I'm still doing the transition from Medium to Hard. So if you want some Medium songs to practice alt-strum with, try Raining Blood. (Even then, my best score on that song is with strict down strumming). If you have GH2, Hangar 18 and Monkey Wrench are also alt strumming songs on Medium. (though again, my high score on both those songs are with strict down strums).

For those getting used to the different hand position required for Hard, try Sunshine of Your Love. The main verse riff basically requires your index finger on Red, so it should be good practice for keeping your fingers up there.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:21 PM

It's been said before but merits repeating. Practicing the bass parts on hard or expert REALLY helped me learn alt- strumming and orange note shifts.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:44 PM

I can't do tier 7.

It's just way too fast.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't do tier 7.

It's just way too fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, its [censored] hard for scrubs like me. I just didnt have the willpower to start digging into the Tier 7 songs last night so I went back and finished off medium. That was actually pretty cool because I completed Raining Blood and the Lou battle and it seemed pretty easy after working up to Tier 7 on hard. My plan now is to start improving my scores on the Hard songs I've finished thus far, and start playing some online.

Question for Xbox Live peeps: Are there a lot of people playing on Medium difficulty on Live? I dont think I'll be competitive yet on Hard, though I am going to give it a whirl. Thoughts?
Old 11-26-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Question for Xbox Live peeps: Are there a lot of people playing on Medium difficulty on Live? I dont think I'll be competitive yet on Hard, though I am going to give it a whirl. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Get real good at TTFAF or DWDTG if you plan on playing online battle. The (360) achivements was setup to promote people playing a cheap as possible to get their 15 wins in a row..

You may occasionally luck it into some else who is just playing for fun and it'll be a close fun game..

treasure those times.