Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 09:00 AM

Default Re: What is the real benefit of 6max Limit Hold\'em?

So oink...when you taking on students? I just pulled my tent out of my attic to set up on your lawn while I wait.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really take shots with only 300 BBs in the roll? I feel like a BR nit now. I almost always wait until i have like 500 BBs for the next level before moving up.

[/ QUOTE ]

One can use more exact "formulas" when taking "shots." The factor is that one does not need as much a br as 300 big bets when making shots as one is less likely to run into bigger losing streaks until one has played a longer time.

The longer one plays the more likely one is to run into longer and longer losing streaks. Because of all that 150 big bets rates to be a good enough "shot" and it's not necessary to have even that much if one takes like hours shots to good games every now and then when playing a step lower. Some say one is then gambling but that's not true in the long run. One does not need to have all the necessary money right now as one gets more later.

Those who stick to their higher limit will need like 1000 big bets, and those who about stay where they are need 500 big bets if they move down when they lose half of it, and there they still have the 500 big bets, and it's practically never going to happen that one loses 750 big bets and 500 of it at the lower limit.

If one is elastic with moving up and down, one can be more liberal in what one needs at any limit.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:35 PM

You really have to attend your anger management classes OINK.
You misunderstood much of my post.I would rather play 35/25 and be so good postflop that I could beat higher games consistently.In fact Iīm admiring what you have done with your game and I would rather be you than me.But the fact is it is much easier to play 25/18 in a 2/4 and 3/6 game and show a profit for the vast majority of players than it is to play LAG at the higher stakes.
So the advice to skip the lower stakes and start playing higher stakes was not that good.And I did think you pretty much told OP that it was very hard to win at lower stakes and that is just not true.

[ QUOTE ]

Playing 25/18 like the Mbenhoe chart and sucking. Lifetime I was a loser up untill 1/1/2007.
Then I loosened up and it took my 6 months to reach 15/30 from 1/2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems youīre making the same type of assumptions about preflop play that I did

[ QUOTE ]

Please see my other post where I post results showing that all the LAG hands that NO ONE can turn a profit from in small stakes are profitable. And even significantly so statistically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woe.Hold your horses.I have played 600K hands and I can certainly say that my hand stats arenīt even close to be statistically significant.How can you else explain that A8o shows a much better profit from open raising button than ATo. My database is full of things like this and if you see Stox database in his book it is the same thing.

[ QUOTE ]

Funny enough this is using a db where 85% of the hands are 5/10 and below....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that is funny since you previously stated that you werenīt a winner at the lower stakes still your supermarginal hands were winners.And if you started to win with those after you added them you canīt have a large sample since you moved up when you got enough bankroll. And it doesnīt take a long time getting a bankroll to move up above 3/6.

[ QUOTE ]

I am sure you do well. I am sure you are a bright man.

But you do come of as an idiot whenever you make conclusions regarding the unprofitability of the plays you dont make.

[/ QUOTE ]

In fact I do think that playing 30/20 is closer to optimal than 25/18 even in lower stakes.But I do think it is only possible if you can play 25/18 profitable and I do think that it is tops 5% of the player population that can make more money at 3/6 and below with a 30/20 style than a 25/18.
I made a bad job making that distinction in my other post.
And yes I can see that these opinions makes me an idiot because I have nothing to back me up.

[ QUOTE ]

I HAVE EMPRIRICAL RESULTS INDICATING YOU ARE WRONG, WHAT DO YOU HAVE?

[/ QUOTE ]

No you havenīt and of course I havenīt either. And agaain yes it is wrong of me expressing my thoughts in absolute terms.But that is a problem I share with most other posters in this forum including you.
Within two years I will ask you to help me playing higher stakes and I would be glad if you accepted to coach me.

But Iīm convinced that most players would be much better off playing lower limits despite the rake factor.And if they canīt win at lower limits it is not even an idea trying to play higher.
And I must point out that everything Iīm saying is referring to 3/6 and below and to some degree to 5/10.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well that is funny since you previously stated that you werenīt a winner at the lower stakes still your supermarginal hands were winners.And if you started to win with those after you added them you canīt have a large sample since you moved up when you got enough bankroll. And it doesnīt take a long time getting a bankroll to move up above 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest you reread

None of the hands are statistically significant winners if you take each hand in each position. But bundling them up in various ways shows that they are as groups.

[ QUOTE ]
Well that is funny since you previously stated that you werenīt a winner at the lower stakes

[/ QUOTE ]

Again I suggest you reread.

[ QUOTE ]
You really have to attend your anger management classes OINK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont get me started with your "geez no wonder" crap then
Old 11-02-2007, 03:07 PM

First you guys hijack the thread and now you are trying to set it on fire [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

Let's get back on topic folks [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].
Old 11-02-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So oink...when you taking on students? I just pulled my tent out of my attic to set up on your lawn while I wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to mark down dates for my calender? haha
Old 11-02-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First you guys hijack the thread and now you are trying to set it on fire [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

Let's get back on topic folks [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Stellar
Old 11-02-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the value of playing limit, is that the variance makes you want to shoot yourself in the face.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really made me laugh
Old 11-02-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the value of playing limit, is that the variance makes you want to shoot yourself in the face.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really made me laugh

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed that, good stuff. Also, it's fun to go to the BBV graph thread every month after grinding out 1-2BB/100 at limit. At least I can't loose 100BB in one hand.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you just ask yourself if you're a masoshist. If you enjoy pain, stress and self-doubt limit is by far the better choice. If you only feel like you need to be punished part of the time NL would be better with Limit mixed in when you feel like you need to be punished
Closed Thread