Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-25-2007, 03:16 PM

Default Quick questions about 8/16 on the strip

1) Are there games other than the Bellagio?
2) Do they play (including the Bellagio) during the weekday afternoons?
3) How good/bad are they during the weekday afternoons?

Why weekday afternoons? I teach in Henderson and we finish the semester with a couple weeks left before my Christmas travels.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Quick questions about 8/16 on the strip

The Wynn room will have 8/16.

I am not there often enough to comment on whether it will go on weekdays, but as a tourist I have found it on weekends during the day.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:38 PM

The 8/16 at the zoo is very likely the slowest game west of the Mississippi and would probably be in the running for the world's slowest. (Though it's probably not as bad as it was a few years ago now that much of the new blood is playin' NL).

You haven't really experienced life until you see some guy drunk off his arse make a $16 turn bet, get raised, and then try to make it 3 bets when it gets back to him (using only $5 and $1 checks mind you).

Once he finally figures 3 x 16 does in fact = 48, he then realises how daunting a task it is to convert 3 reds and a blue into 48. Oftentimes, by the time he has settled on a plan to achieve this task, he has forgotten his target number.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 8/16 at the zoo is very likely the slowest game west of the Mississippi and would probably be in the running for the world's slowest. (Though it's probably not as bad as it was a few years ago now that much of the new blood is playin' NL).

You haven't really experienced life until you see some guy drunk off his arse make a $16 turn bet, get raised, and then try to make it 3 bets when it gets back to him (using only $5 and $1 checks mind you).

Once he finally figures 3 x 16 does in fact = 48, he then realises how daunting a task it is to convert 3 reds and a blue into 48. Oftentimes, by the time he has settled on a plan to achieve this task, he has forgotten his target number.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Wynn's 1/3 game runs just as bad sometimes, especially when someone wants to bet $50 or $100 with $3 chips.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:37 PM

I played 8/16 at the wymm a lot last week.

Players are pretty tight (it was folded to me several times when I was in CO / BTN, which just never happens in 4/8). They are still very bad though, they dont value bet nothing but the nuts and I saw a couple of people flat calling the nuts on the river.

Also if they bet just fold, they never ever ever bluff.

Venetian has 8/16 also.

At the wymm its played with chips of 2 making the game pretty fast.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:35 PM

Wynn and Bellagio. If it does exist at Venetian, it runs infrequently. Last few trips there, Venetian has not always had even a $4-8 LHE game going.

You might want to try the Mirage $10-20 since that is not much more. Sometimes its good, sometimes not.

BTW, why not sleep in until 11am or so and adjust your play to say 5pm- around 11pm? I doubt the games are very good during weekdays. I know of a lady who has played the $15-30 at Bellagio for a few years and plays mostly daytimes. She said that it absolutely affected her winrate and she only wins about .6 BB per hour as a result.

If you must play weekday afternoons, you may want to consider stepping down to $4-8 and playing at a very tourist centric place. Either that, or just plan to run really hot.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:40 PM

Arron - if you want o play 8/16 you need to include 10/20 in your list of options. Best bet is to call Wynn, Bellagio and Mirage before you come down to the strip to see which games are running, each is hit or miss, most often a hit in the evening but not guaranteed.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:38 PM

I only played the Bellagio $8-16 LH mid week during a visit. Ok typical mix of players, but nothing you wouldn't run into in a tighter $3-6 to a typical $10-20 (in AC). Typically 3-5 to flop, almost never chopped, at least two blinds cleptos, throw in some loose calls, etc.... I'd wanted to play $6-12 at Caesar's but it was interest only midweek, but the Bellagio $8-16 was a nice find. 90% of players are playing red/blue chips (5/1) so didn't really slow the game. Suspect Mirage $10-20 might be a step up, but didn't sit in.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Arron - if you want o play 8/16 you need to include 10/20 in your list of options. Best bet is to call Wynn, Bellagio and Mirage before you come down to the strip to see which games are running, each is hit or miss, most often a hit in the evening but not guaranteed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm open for playing 10/20. But I thought that the only 10/20 game was the one at the Mirage, and that it didn't run too often. Am I mistaken?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, why not sleep in until 11am or so and adjust your play to say 5pm- around 11pm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea. Changing my sleeping schedule isn't something that I've really considered, but I guess as long as I don't have anything else going on, it shouldn't hurt anything.