Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-15-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Cash Advance fees?

i used my visa to deposit on ftp. i noticed today that i was charged a cash advance fee of 12 bucks on my statement today...i was a surprised because i've used my card before and didn't remember getting charged for that. i searched on ftp's forum, and the support's response has been telling the user to call the credit card company. how would i argue this though? i can't really say i'm trying to deposit on an online poker site, probably isn't legal in some respect. or is it ftp's fault for changing the way it charges the card?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Cash Advance fees?

$12? call your bank and have them identify the charge first off. I would guess (hope) that this is NOT a FTP charge
Old 11-15-2007, 04:06 PM

A transaction with FTP should be considered a cash advance and you should start paying interest on it from the day it was made.

I have never heard of a CC having a fee for cash advances but in theory I can't see why not. Have you ever used it to get a cash advance at an ATM? If yes did they charge you a $12 fee.

That FTP was not considered a cash advance before doesn't mean the bank hasn't figured it out and changed it.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:07 AM

yea
Old 11-18-2007, 12:46 PM

More than likely I'm assuming you are from the US? If so, then FTP probably had to run your transaction as a cash advance to make the deposit go through. Most credit card companies do charge cash advance fees of 3-5% of the transaction with a $5-10 minimum. These fees should be listed on your cards T&C. You more than likely will not be able to get your $12 back...but then again hey its $12.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:59 PM

Nothing wrong with asking your CC company to refund the "cash advance" fee you wont run into any "legal" problems with making the deposit in the first place. However having said that the chance of getting this charge back is very very slim if any... since it WAS charged as a cash advance they wont care that it actually wasnt, as far as they are concerned you went to the ATM took money out and said "here you go FTP". Thats why this method of charging still works for FTP.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since it WAS charged as a cash advance they wont care that it actually wasnt

[/ QUOTE ]

It actually is a cash advance.