Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Moscow Millions

[ QUOTE ]
Cmon, guys, don't be ridiculously stereotype-minded!
Russia is a beautifull wide-spread in different ways country with it's cruel and great pieces of history. The majority of people living there are very normal open-minded and have a big heart for everything that worth beeing on this planet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I was making ridiculous generalised remarks with my specifics examples of horrific racist violence in Russia against people I know. Hell, maybe I just made that [censored] up.

If you are denying that Russia has serious problem with racism and institutionalised scapegoating of minorities by the government that you don't know what you are talking about.

This is a government which introduced racial quotas for who could work in certain markets. Sound familiar to anyone?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:05 PM

I live in NC, and the southern US has some scary ass racist [censored] going on. I'm just saying.....
Old 11-08-2007, 01:26 PM

I read an article about 2 years ago about 3-4 British poker players who played an event in Russia and had trouble getting a large (~£50k) out of the country. I searched for it but couldn't find it, the conclusion was that they got [censored] over on either bribes or taxes.

That said, i've been to St Petersburg and it's a lovely city. Moscow is probably nice as well. The people are like the weather though
Old 11-08-2007, 02:10 PM

The fact of the matter is that Russia's government is corrupt, and this COULD lead to problems, but Moscow especially is a lot better than it used to be, and is a lot more an American city.

Overall it's safe, think about the bad stories your hearing as 1 outers on the river.

I'm not talking out of my ass here either, I'm Russian(Live in NYC now), and a lot of my friends are in and out of Moscow pretty often.

Ilushan, what's the buy in for the event? And if it's around 10k+ do you know if there are any satellites left online?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:30 PM

24th 1k Holdem
25th 1k Omaha
26th 3k Holdem
27th Satelites to main
28-29 10k main event.

And i dont think there ll be any online satelites to it.