Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 11-06-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: 2 hands 600 NL against regular

I expect an allin on flop on hand 1 to have a substantial amount of fold equity. I think it's not very often that we'll end up with less than ~40% equity as well. It depends on how passive the villain is. The more passive he is the more likely it is that he's legitimately strong. But if he's active I'm pretty confident in the +EV here and I also doubt that calling the flop c/r is less +EV because we'll generally be facing a substantial turn bet. If he's passive he might give a free card on the turn, making the flop call a superior move.

Plus, it puts them on monkeytilt when they call with flush draw + overs and you beat them with a pair of 4s, or when they make a hero call with top pair and get sucked out on.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I expect an allin on flop on hand 1 to have a substantial amount of fold equity. I think it's not very often that we'll end up with less than ~40% equity as well. It depends on how passive the villain is. The more passive he is the more likely it is that he's legitimately strong. But if he's active I'm pretty confident in the +EV here and I also doubt that calling the flop c/r is less +EV because we'll generally be facing a substantial turn bet. If he's passive he might give a free card on the turn, making the flop call a superior move.

Plus, it puts them on monkeytilt when they call with flush draw + overs and you beat them with a pair of 4s, or when they make a hero call with top pair and get sucked out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1, you really only have FE vs hands you already beat (overs). You're going to have a difficult time folding any worse hand, just go through the ranges.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1, you really only have FE vs hands you already beat (overs). You're going to have a difficult time folding any worse hand, just go through the ranges.

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot of his range for that flop c/r is air and draws.

a push also has metagame value, it says "don't c/r me punk, I will get allin with 2nd pair", which is a good message to pass along.