Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 02:47 PM

Default 2 hu hands

villain is bigfishy111. 33/30, 33wtsd, 53wwsf, 4/6/2 AF by street. he can be very trigger happy and at the start of the match he was bluffing and rebluffing quite a bit but has slowed down considerably since then. i have been caught floating lots of his 3bets and cbets in the 3b pots so my image isnt that great - but his is even worse. he is good and can adapt.

notes:
in hand 1 he bet 350/900 with 1.1k behind. he has been betting large in other spots, so i am inclined to think i am ahead. PSR = 2k.

in hand 2, would you guys ever call turn to fold river?

------------------
HAND #1
------------------

Full Tilt Poker, $5/$10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $3,967.75
BB: $2,160.50

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $30</font>, BB calls $20

Flop: ($60) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $50</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $170</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $440</font>, BB calls $270

Turn: ($940) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($940) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $350</font>

------------------
HAND #2
------------------

Full Tilt Poker, $5/$10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $4,992.25
BB: $1,356.50

Pre-Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $30</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $90</font>, Hero calls $60

Flop: ($180) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $140</font>, Hero calls $140

Turn: ($460) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $400</font>, Hero calls $400

River: ($1,260) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $726.50 and is All-In</font>
Old 10-30-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: 2 hu hands

hand 1 I think a minraise or a lil more than a minraise is good

hand 2 I think I like how you played it though if your image was better I wouldnt mind a turn shove
Old 10-30-2007, 02:53 PM

hand 1, pushing is prolly ok but his bet sizing has me kinda scared here. It's almost as if he wants you to push here.

hand 2, fold river. c/r all in on turn would be good against some opponents.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1, pushing is prolly ok but his bet sizing has me kinda scared here. It's almost as if he wants you to push here.

[/ QUOTE ]

hes in position on hand 2
Old 10-30-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hes in position on hand 2

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, well then just straight push after he bets out on turn then i guess. But if opponent 3-bets tight here and if his 2nd barrel almost always means an overpair, then its an easy fold really.

Edit: doesn't really have to be an overpair, but if he's never bluffing in this situation, then pushing is bad cause he'll prolly call a lot.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:58 PM

H1: IDK but I would have thought that with your image a little 'oh help I'm so weak pleath dont waise me' bet wouldn't normally indicate weakness. I would call. I also have trouble putting him on a marginal hand that is value-betting.

H2: Assuming that he gives up sometimes on the river I don't see much wrong with call turn/fold river.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:02 PM

Hi jfish,

I think you can stick it in on hand 1. This looks to me like a King or Ace that he thinks is good, and is making a bet that will induce a shove or a hero call from 66/88/64, etc. If you had 2k more, I'd be more leery of raising, but as you pointed out, it's not much of a raise.

Hand 2 I absolutely would call turn to fold river, for the times that he gives up bluffing, plus our 11 likely outs. His river range seems pretty loaded with top pair/overpair hands to me, given this action. I can see calling this at times as well, though, since (based on the stack sizes) you appear to be getting the best of him and he may be frustrated. If you're good here IMO, it's close to 1/4 of the time, so it is not an easy fold.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:04 PM

shove hand 1, not close

hand 2, yes to your question but no one will be able to give you advice on whether or not river is a fold (turn should rarely be a raise or push against this type of player, the only thing that will accomplish is preventing you from potentially making an incorrect river fold)... i call turn and fold river based on the flow of the match and i call turn and call this river based on similar factors... if you showed me the whole match i could say with pretty good certainty whether you're being bluffed here or your hand is good, but without that, do the opposite of what you think he expects you to do while you're thinking about the way he plays nut hands.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:06 PM

hmmm I start to see why I suck at HU.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:12 PM

yeah you can def call turn with plans to fold river on hand 2. it really does depend on flow of match and player tendencies on whether you call or fold the river. hand 1 is almost always a raise on the river.