Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-29-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Dexter 10/28

[ QUOTE ]
OMG SPONSOR naked asdjhasdjabsdnasdmasdasd

[/ QUOTE ]

I wholeheartedly agree. Thank god for TIVO...I rewinded the shower scene more than once.

And that see-thru shirt she was wearing afterwards...ZOMG.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And secondly, if he was going to clean the boat, he'd at least take it out on the water. He wouldn't be doing it right in the harbor when he knew that the cops already had an idea which harbor the bodies had been dumped from. The whole timeline there just didn't make sense at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was pretty hard to believe. Even if he didn't realize that there was video surveillance of the dock, he knew from his sister that the investigators had already been by earlier. Standing out in the open on his boat with a black-light and spray bottle is not the smartest move for someone who is supposedly as meticulous as Dexter. Taking the boat out to the open water before checking for blood is the least he could do to cover his tracks.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like Dexter falling apart and making so many clearly reckless decisions, it is way out of character for him.

[/ QUOTE ]
He let things get personal. Someone in the investigation is going to have to help him I think. He's on camera cleaning his boat in one of three docks he could have used, he didn't kill the bar owner and the bar owner knows who he is, Deb and his GF know he went out of town the same night the person that killed his mom got effed up...

I think there is a decent chance the second half of this season or the third season is him on the lam.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:35 PM

How much do you guys think the writing has been affected by not being based on a book this season? I always wonder when I'm watching season 2 how this season would have been if it had been based off of a second book. Anyway I still think it's the best show on TV period. One problem I saw in the last episode was how Rita's mom gave her letter of resignation before finding another job in Miami? I just don't see a logical conservative woman like her just up and leaving without having another job in place? Maybe they just didn't have her mention it but that bothered me a little bit.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much do you guys think the writing has been affected by not being based on a book this season? I always wonder when I'm watching season 2 how this season would have been if it had been based off of a second book. Anyway I still think it's the best show on TV period. One problem I saw in the last episode was how Rita's mom gave her letter of resignation before finding another job in Miami? I just don't see a logical conservative woman like her just up and leaving without having another job in place? Maybe they just didn't have her mention it but that bothered me a little bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it because, like last season, I don't really know where it's going. Like last seasons 'Who is the ITK? Why does he care/know about Dex?' questions, this year it's 'Will he get caught? Will he tell anyone? Is he going to kill again?'. I honestly can't tell it's not based off a book.

Regarding Rita's mom, she's moving in w/ Rita, so no need to have a job or place right away. She's trying to drive herself between Rita and Dexter to 'save' Rita. She's manipulative, so I think it fits well w/ the character.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:14 PM

FWIW him taking his boat out at midnight would be pretty suspicious as well.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems like Dexter is going to discover that Harry was his biological father.

[/ QUOTE ]

This never even crossed my mind, but I agree there's a decent chance of the show going this way.

Episode was pretty good, but not great. I think I'm
let down any episode he doesn't kill someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is possible. IIRC dexter had to do specific research to make sure that guy was really his biological father in the first season. I may be remembering wrong, or that he was actually testing to see cause of death, not that he was his biological father. Anyone remember in better detail?
Old 10-29-2007, 06:46 PM

the only complaint I have about this show, is that its pretty obvious dexter will never get caught. It's like 24 and Kiefer Sutherland. The show gets publicity outside the show, and you know that he won't die or in this case get caught, until theres mention of it outside the show first that their stopping the show, or Michael C Hall is leaving etc.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:46 PM

Yes, this is true he did a dna test in season one.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:50 PM

Masuka claimed the DNA was a match, that guy was his biological father.