Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 01:08 PM

Default AQ button after MP raiser - 25NL

Villain is 27/20/8 over 50 hands. I'm playing TAG. I'd like to know how often you guys call/3bet this pf - atm its about 50/50 for me. What do you guys think of villain's small raise on the flop? This is another hand thats really bugging me! Thanks in advance.

Party Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $24.34
BB: $4.30
UTG: $26.54
MP: $25.50
CO: $4.81
Hero (BTN): $43.31

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $1, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.35) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $1.80</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $11.25</font>

Results: $14.35 Pot ($14.35 Rake)

<font color="blue">Hero?</font>
Old 10-24-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: AQ button after MP raiser - 25NL

I would reraise this preflop. His opening range is pretty wide , and you don't want to give the blinds nice odds.

As played, I like your turnraise. His minraise is pretty scary though. The board is very dry, and I don't see most thinking villains do this with KQ/QJ. So I think you're beat here...
Old 10-24-2007, 04:13 PM

Alllllll eeeeeeeenn. His aggression factor is 8, he could have KQ or QJ very easily. I'm slightly scared because of his weak lead then minraise, but I still think you should get it deep.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:13 PM

I 3bet this pre-flop like always.

As played I just call his flop c-bet. Board is pretty dry so I'm just calling him down. This keeps TT,99,77,w/e in the hand, let's him keep bluffing with AK,AJ, or w/e, obviously KQ will stick around and QJ,QT may keep betting....and against AA,KK,88, or w/e we won't be inflating the pot.

See now as played you're in a tough spot: AA,KK,QQ,88,22,AQ maybe KQ, maybe QJ, maybe Q8.

You split against one of those, beat 2 of the maybes and lose to the rest. So I think as played you should fold the flop.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:15 PM

Reraising preflop in position with AQ is essential in this spot. You need to define your hand here, if he reraises you preflop you can safely assume your up against a big hand, AA,KK,QQ or AK. As played your sort of lost here as to what he has. The minraise is scary but then again i minraise all the time for information, so he could have KQ or QJ here. Its a push for me after he minraises.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:17 PM

Thanks for the replies

I agree that in this situation I should have 3bet this preflop to see where I stand. It's a tricky one, but in future against this type of player I will definitely 3bet more.

A quick question though, what is the weakest of your range you are willing to 3bet with preflop here?
Old 10-24-2007, 06:36 PM

Yeah I would be curious as to what people's min 3 betting hands are here. I have just recently come back to online poker and am new to NL. I have been struggling with this.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:22 PM

I guess my 3betting range would probably be AA-TT, AK-AQ. Interested to see other peoples though.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:08 AM

My 3betting range is highly dependent on the villain and my image. If he's raising a lot, I open my range too. If he folds a lot to 3bets too.

If I want to isolate against a villain, and that villain folds to a lot of cbets, I can see myself 3betting 88+, AT+.