Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

View Poll Results: Who is hotter?
Charlize Theron 160 42.11%
Ana Beatriz Barros 220 57.89%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2007, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

My sympathies if you are truly innocent sal...

But I was wondering that if, worst case scenario sal was botting, don't they have to warn the player about it prior to seizing any funds. I think stars has that policy in place that when you are using illegal software on their site you get a warning to remove that program from your pc and if they catch you again then more drastic measures are taken.

Not absolutely positive about this but that is my impression. Can anyone verify?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My sympathies if you are truly innocent sal...

But I was wondering that if, worst case scenario sal was botting, don't they have to warn the player about it prior to seizing any funds. I think stars has that policy in place that when you are using illegal software on their site you get a warning to remove that program from your pc and if they catch you again then more drastic measures are taken.

Not absolutely positive about this but that is my impression. Can anyone verify?

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be an absolutely mindboggling policy in my view, if people were cheating and stealing my moneys they should be punished and I should get a refund.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:54 PM

Yes ofcourse.

But you would expect a pokersite to have the ability to detect illegal software as from the 1st time they are put in use, hence it is not possible for one to exploit the benefits over time. If they are unable to detect them straight away, then how could they in the long-term?

I doubt if sal was botting was doing it for some time now or whether she was commiting any other kind of fraud while leaving 47k in her account, that would be stupid.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:55 PM

When comparing major poker sites, why these things mainly seem to occur on FullTilt ? I don't think it's a conincidence. Also I believe that FT should warn players of certain actions before instastealing.

My sympathies to the OP if innocent.

If OP was really cheating, I wouldn't think she would keep that much $$$ in her account. That would be just stupid, although it can be quite hard to move a roll of that big around.

I am glad I only have $1 on my FT account. If they one day decided to boot me, I wouldn't lose much. These threads make me avoid FT like cancer, and it doesn't matter how much they get TV time. I hope the fish get warned as well.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A conclusion to this case has been reached and the player has been informed of our decision. While we can't share the details of the investigation with the community in general, we would be willing to share some findings with Mike Haven or some other respected mod.

Sean

[/ QUOTE ]

My post now changes from FTP froze my money to FTP STOLE my money.

I have been falsely accused, convicted and prosecuted without seeing a speck of evidence. FTP's decision is complete and final.

Please moderators, if you have any sense of fairness and a desire to be true to your community you need to contact me.

I have written each of you a letter and I hope to hear from you soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a reason you opted not to simply ctrl-c, ctrl-v, post? It takes less than two seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that SillySal has not cut and pasted the email that she recieved from Full Tilt (which would have taken all of five seconds) does not speak well for her case, especially considering the fact that I pm'd her and suggested she do it (a pm which she ignored despite the fact that I got a read receipt). If I had to hazard a guess I'd say that FT called her out on whatever it was that she was doing in their email to her, and thats why she doesn't want to post it.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:58 PM

I was right.

This is from stars website Q and A

"What steps are you going to take to prevent players from using prohibited programs?
We are going to look to see if any of those programs is running on a player's computer. If we find one of the prohibited programs, we will alert the player that he is running a prohibited program and tell him what the program is. We will ask that he stop running the program immediately. If he complies, fine. If not, then we will prevent the PokerStars client from running on his computer."
Old 11-03-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was right.

This is from stars website Q and A

"What steps are you going to take to prevent players from using prohibited programs?
We are going to look to see if any of those programs is running on a player's computer. If we find one of the prohibited programs, we will alert the player that he is running a prohibited program and tell him what the program is. We will ask that he stop running the program immediately. If he complies, fine. If not, then we will prevent the PokerStars client from running on his computer."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they're referring to programs like Poker Prophecy. Botting is a different story all together.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:06 AM

SillySal? more like GUiltySal, LOZLS AMIRITE>>!?
Old 11-03-2007, 12:06 AM

I think its generic.

this is further down that page:

Are you going to confiscate the account funds of somebody running a prohibited program?
While we reserve the right to confiscate the funds of somebody running a prohibited program, we are not going to do this lightly. We want to educate our players - not punish them. However, we will confiscate funds if a player shows a consistent pattern of using prohibited programs after being warned.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(a pm which she ignored despite the fact that I got a read receipt)

[/ QUOTE ]

I was really hoping she was just away and was freaking out about this or was out getting drunk or something and that's why we hadn't heard from her with the FT e-mail.
But the read receipt you got certainly implies otherwise.

If so then there is every possibility of course that FT indeed did correctly catch someone doing something they weren't supposed to be doing and this wasn't some kind of a 'false-positive' so kudos to them for that I guess.
But they still handled this extremely badly and I don't think the ends justify all of the means in this situation.