Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Stars has STEPS SNGs to the PCA

Im donking around in a couple step 1s just to test the waters and do it just to say i did it.

But if i dont get something back with leftover tickets at the end of the promo ill be peeved and id imagine im not the only one - stars needs to clarify this asap.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:25 PM

LOL at everyone thinking Stars would just eat the tickets and do nothing about it. I realize it needs to be clarified but what about the way Stars operates could lead anyone to such a conclusion?
Old 10-11-2007, 04:26 PM

Who concluded that?
Old 10-11-2007, 04:28 PM

calda - I agree. I'm really not that concerned about them just running away with the money.

But I would like to know what the plan is.
It's possible the tickets might only be carried over to the next PCA or something silly like that which could impact my decision.
Don't think they would do something this bad either but it is possible.
I would like some reassurance that if I get to a $2100 ticket or something that it won't be stuck in limbo until Sept or Oct of the following yr.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They say that:
PCA Steps tickets are valid only for entry into PCA Steps tournaments.
PCA Steps tickets are not transferrable to other players.
PCA Steps tickets are not redeemable for cash or any other value.
This suggests that you are screwed if you are holding tickets when the thing ends.

They do explicitly say that if you win more than one seat, you get paid W$11,000 plus $1000 cash for additional seats.

I don't think I'll play unless they may it clear that I get tournament credit for tickets left over at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one will lose any value they've won in a Stars satellite; we don't do things that way.

Having said that, we haven't decided yet what will become of unused tickets after the PCA promo ends. I can tell you that it's unlikely that we'll simply convert them to cash. Far more likely is that we'll roll them into a promotion for another series/event on the Events tab. In this way, the tickets are like W$... you can't cash them out, but we continue giving opportunities to use them.

Best Regards,

Jeff
PokerStars Game Security
Old 10-11-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
calda - I agree. I'm really not that concerned about them just running away with the money.

But I would like to know what the plan is.
It's possible the tickets might only be carried over to the next PCA or something silly like that which could impact my decision.
Don't think they would do something this bad either but it is possible.
I would like some reassurance that if I get to a $2100 ticket or something that it won't be stuck in limbo until Sept or Oct of the following yr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob, that I will guarantee. There will be no limbo.

You'll be able to use the value of unused tickets very shortly after the PCA promo ends, most likely in WSOP steps. After all, a PCA package and a WSOP package have the same $12,000 value....

Best Regards,

Jeff
PokerStars Game Security
Old 10-11-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They say that:
PCA Steps tickets are valid only for entry into PCA Steps tournaments.
PCA Steps tickets are not transferrable to other players.
PCA Steps tickets are not redeemable for cash or any other value.
This suggests that you are screwed if you are holding tickets when the thing ends.

They do explicitly say that if you win more than one seat, you get paid W$11,000 plus $1000 cash for additional seats.

I don't think I'll play unless they may it clear that I get tournament credit for tickets left over at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one will lose any value they've won in a Stars satellite; we don't do things that way.

Having said that, we haven't decided yet what will become of unused tickets after the PCA promo ends. I can tell you that it's unlikely that we'll simply convert them to cash. Far more likely is that we'll roll them into a promotion for another series/event on the Events tab. In this way, the tickets are like W$... you can't cash them out, but we continue giving opportunities to use them.

Best Regards,

Jeff
PokerStars Game Security

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know that I would necessarily want my money "locked up" in a promotion this way, especially if I don't know when I can use them again or for what it is going to be for.

I'm gonna pass on this one but good luck to the rest of you guys.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:50 PM

I wish they would have super sats at $210 or something instead of/in addition to the very highest levels. I mean it's hard to want to play one of these when I know that my reward for running hot and cashing a few in a row is getting to play in a hugely -ev SNG with the top players in the world. It's just like the double shootouts but worse.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You'll be able to use the value of unused tickets very shortly after the PCA promo ends, most likely in WSOP steps. After all, a PCA package and a WSOP package have the same $12,000 value....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if Stars is going to commit to having some sort of ongoing Steps promotion (basically) year round (be it PCA, APT, EPT, WSOP, WCOOP, whatever) and the tickets are always usable in any Steps series then I think this is very promissing. However, I think it would be a really good idea to try and lay out the Steps "schedule" for the next 6 months or year so people know what they're getting into.

And if I were you, I wouldn't limit it to just poker packages - If you want to stick to $12K value you kind of handcuff yourself a little bit, but you can still do a lot with that - Dream vacations, cars (particularly leases), apt in Vegas (etc) for a year, home theater/electronics packages, motorcycles, boats & pwc, etc.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:34 PM

hmmmm me likes cry me a river's idea, a pseudo $12k conceirge thingy !