Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 08:43 AM

Default NLCASH - nl200 HU video (looking for feedback)

I've been doing real bad lately. Both in HU and in 6-max.

Would love some feedback.

http://kavehsamani.com/videos/HuFTP/HuFTP.html

Please annotate any hand-specific comments with the exact elapsed time on the vid.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: NLCASH - nl200 HU video (looking for feedback)

I'll look at this when I get home from class.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:17 PM

A few quick thoughts..I didn't listen to the audio, so i dont' know if you provided commentary or not on your play.

I watched most of the session vs ABear44. I don't know if he's better than you, but he's a decent player and that should have been shown when he value bet QT vs the Q3449 board. You shoulda found another table at that point. Whenever you continously reload and are not getting sucked out on, then you need to search for another table.

You need to 3 bet bigger OOP. The standard seems to be button raises to $6 and you raise to $18. Make it bigger.

When you 3 bet K9 OOP the flop was monotone and something like 5,6,7. You need to bet the flop hard to represent an overpair and trying to knock out all draws. I would also follow up with a strong turn bet. The villain seems to be pretty straightforward and will probably release overcards and the Ace by the turn.

He was 3 betting your button raises light IMO. You need to repop him every once in a while to keep him in line.

At 22 mins into the session, you raised pre on the button with 4,3 and the flop was KQJ. You CB's and he called. The turn was a 4. You both checked. I often do this, thinking "I just got a small pair, if he's on a draw I'll check and hope to win it." I believe in these situations you need to bet the turn as well. Try to get a J or 55-99 to fold and charge a T to keep drawing. Betting 2x on this type of board screams "I have a good hand and am charging you to draw." It also says "Be ready to call another large river bet with your Q or J." I believe this villain was a thinking player and would see this.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:39 PM

downloading then watching, this download is insanely slow for me
Old 10-04-2007, 02:07 PM

I'm skipping around a bit so I'm missing some hands.

You really should avoid using the check/fold button. In the event that he limps it gives away your hand range pretty easily.

Reraise with A9 OOP is borderline because a lot of his calling range consists of hands that have you dominated.

2 minutes: AQ on A23 (all same suit) flop is definitely a reraise, especially after only cold calling preflop. His calling range consists almost completely of draws or worse aces. As played I would check on this river. Both of your lines look like missed draws up until that point.

7:48: I think you can reraise less here and accomplish the same thing.

12 minutes: This is definitely a bet on the river. As played it is a call. You aren't behind anything besides the backdoor flush, a set, or KQ. JT is a very unlikely holding as played.

19 minutes: There aren't many hands on the river that are behind you and call your bet. Check/call or check/fold is a better line here.

38 minutes: I wouldn't 3 bet JT against this villain.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:41 PM

Thank you for ur replies Mayday & xSCWx, I need to go back through the vid to review the hands you pointed out. Busy tonight but will do it tomorrow and reply. Looking at it quickly it does look like their valid suggestions.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:15 PM

I haven't watched it all actually only like a 6th of it

But the last hand you played with your first opponent was spot on

Also at 2 min I think you have to re-raise pre, I never tend to mix up my game enough to not 3-bet AQ

About 10 mins in I really hate 3-betting A9o here especially against someone who you have already stated is extremely LAG , whos range for calling is extremely wide

I really agree that you should of tried limping in more with your marginal hands and just to mix it up bigger hands that are for sure raises...I would be trying to see as many flops with debris and just let his aggression get the best of him

12 Minutes....I think you have to call this river I dont mind the line otherwise but he is bluffing to often or betting naked queens too often especially since your line looks so weak

Ill try and check the rest of it out when I get back from class but Good Job so far especially with your last hand against the first guy
Old 10-04-2007, 04:19 PM

I didn't know the Q9 hand paired the board. Ignore what I said about that one. lol
Old 10-05-2007, 04:05 AM

I've rewatched the video and with your comments in mind. I basically agree w/ everything you said except:

- I think I have a big edge on Abear44; unfortunately i mistook his preflop aggression for postflop aggro, eventhough he was very passive postflop.

- Flat calling with AQ OOP sometimes. I've seen people like Taylor Caby do it from time to time and i think it's good for metagame. However i think Abear was not the right person to do it against.

Mayday, very good point about the 43 hand.

Thank you all for the feedback.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:22 AM

89o: donking flop was bad because it hits limping ranges, as played chekc turn Vbet some rivers - if i wound up betting turn i would call river though, as bets that appear to be value bets from reasonable players are actually air a large %. Also, do you think he ever bets a 4 that small? i have no reason to think so, so it was probably best to raise huge/shove, because he seemed to be picking his spots, and i don't think you gave him enough reason to think you would do this with just a Q figuring it for a chop - unless you feel he could bet small to induce (seemed like the wrong size for this to be his line though), calling was probably the best play overall, but i think you should have considered raising before pining over the call.

AA on AQQ: your comment about turn check being voiced was enough to make you play the hand properly (i.e. it seems you lean towards the wrong decisions sometimes, but having the video made you play better - you should think aloud more often during normal sessions)

TT on T877ds: betting pot was a BAD idea, because alot of people have the "nuts or nothing" perception reot bets, betting 2/3+ gives you at least one more street of normal value from 2nd pair IMO. As played, you should overbet/shove the turn and rep a combo, as its te only way to get value from 2nd pair now, and he's always going broke with a 7, betting small to hope he has a draw an then hope he hits it was asking too much, especially when you are probably shoving any draw completing river and he might drop it if the flop suit hits (i.e. 2less outs for stacks).

JTo V QTo: you shouldn't be 3betting here, the spot sucked check calling river is probably better unless you think he checks QJ type hands behind - he doesn't seem like the kind of player that would Vbet A9 if checked to though. summary: don't 3bet pre with these stacks.

didn't really watch all of it unfortunately, could you send me your background/card appearance file thingy?

thanks.