Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 09-26-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: NL 1/2 - Turned Nutz - trap or push?

checking this flop is a good idea

getting cred on the flop would be a catastrophe and it hit his range
Old 09-26-2007, 07:27 PM

I'm almost never c-betting this flop vs this guy, when a pretty tight TAG calls a reraise OOP he usually has a pretty good hand barring significant history, and that range is hitting this flop pretty well, I'm taking the free card on the flop almost always.

If he checks the turn then I'm definitely betting because we can fold out 88/99 and maybe JJ.

As for the turn, I don't like raising b/c I feel like it turns our hand face up, still this guy is going to have a set a lot and he's not folding it so just go ahead and raise, if he's good at hand reading though he should be folding TT, but nobody folds sets.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:27 PM

i am very tempted to flat call the turn because when we raise, villain's first thought will be "AK"

also, we have position and w/ villain's bet size he'll either shove the river or we get to shove the river for $5 more than pot
Old 09-26-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe his range goes further than the flop (most PPs, perhaps even AQ) and if he actually did hit the flop, which kind of hands reraise pf and check flop in position? O/c, the flop check is great for deception, but this is 1-2NL, not always the brightest opponents on these levels, even if he is a reg. I am not sure it would be enough to fold out marginal holdings on turn/river, then rather apply pressure from first moment, so you can avoid hero calls.

Obviously, when turning nuts, its just a matter of getting the right price, but playing this flop in general, i would bet 99 of a 100 times. Turn nuts, and i make a small raise or shove
Old 09-26-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe his range goes further than the flop (most PPs, perhaps even AQ) and if he actually did hit the flop, which kind of hands reraise pf and check flop in position? O/c, the flop check is great for deception, but this is 1-2NL, not always the brightest opponents on these levels, even if he is a reg. I am not sure it would be enough to fold out marginal holdings on turn/river, then rather apply pressure from first moment, so you can avoid hero calls.

Obviously, when turning nuts, its just a matter of getting the right price, but playing this flop in general, i would bet 99 of a 100 times. Turn nuts, and i make a small raise or shove

[/ QUOTE ]

my point is you have to fold to a flop cr, and that sucks w/ a draw to the nuts
Old 09-26-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am very tempted to flat call the turn because when we raise, villain's first thought will be "AK"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the perfect reason TO raise, I dont think its so bad to Rep exactly what you have sometimes. Think of all the times you were bluffing repping one specific hand and you are saying to yourself "oh man o man hes gonna call, hell never belive I have AK here" That may be silly logic, but in this spot, I think hes much LESS likely to believe that you have AK on the turn, and is far more likely to be scared of it when a blank 2 peels off on the river, and you are gettin all the monies in.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the perfect reason TO raise, I dont think its so bad to Rep exactly what you have sometimes. Think of all the times you were bluffing repping one specific hand and you are saying to yourself "oh man o man hes gonna call, hell never belive I have AK here" That may be silly logic, but in this spot, I think hes much LESS likely to believe that you have AK on the turn, and is far more likely to be scared of it when a blank 2 peels off on the river, and you are gettin all the monies in.

[/ QUOTE ]

had you cold called pf, i would agree
Old 09-26-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop. Raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do you need to bet this flop 100% [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
I am mixing this up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Llop check is fine considering his preflop range.
I like overshoving the turn as i m pretty sure u r gonna get call by all the hands he is raising with but bluffs (which are less tha 10% imo)also u don t want a scared card to freeze the action on river.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

also, we have position and w/ villain's bet size he'll either shove the river or we get to shove the river for $5 more than pot

[/ QUOTE ]

And when the board pairs and he shoves? Your reason for not betting the flop is that it hits his range hard. Then your reason for not raising the turn is that he'll put us on AK.

Exactly how much of his range is really folding to a turn raise that also will call a river push?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:10 PM

i like the flop check, you can always cbet, especially against a TAG reg. You dont wanna bet and get raised so you haveto fold your draw. On the turn, just raise to an amount the committs him, and i also feel this flop hit him pretty hard.