Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 09-27-2007, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Poker After Dark thread (Week of 9/24 - Rivals Week)

what was with the [censored] remark by Antonio toward Laak and Jennifer? Man, what a pisshole for a mouth on Espandiari. Never did like that guy.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:07 AM

what did he say?
Old 09-27-2007, 08:31 AM

Antonio didn't say anything bad
Old 09-27-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do the players have to buy their own drinks? On Tuesday nights show, Daniel pulled out cash to pay for drinks (or at least tip). Last week, Lederer tipped the drink girl.

So, supposedly they put up their own money, pay for their own drinks (or at least tip) and get nothing for the TV time. Man, I want to produce this show. Easy money.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Or more likely, a tip.....
Old 09-27-2007, 04:16 PM

Sheiky gives me hope that I can be a pro someday. I have never seen him play well on tv
Old 09-27-2007, 04:22 PM

Ok, I know Mike was pretty pissed off that he got busted out, so his arguments were more based on emotion than logic. And I also know its generally a pretty bad idea to make sweeping generalizations about someone based on one comment or one play or anything like that.

But how can someone who seriously think he got RIVERED and got UNLUCKY with that K2 versus AJ hand, be a world class poker player? This is an amazingly glaring misunderstanding of the way the game works, in my opinion. Its one thing to bitch about bad beats or whatever, but seriously, you HAVE to realize you put your money in bad. You can complain about him calling, you never getting lucky, whatever, but to seriously complain about that as a BAD BEAT? Because the Q came on the river instead of, like, you not hitting your K?
Old 09-27-2007, 04:26 PM

That Pro Player energy drink must be really powerful these guys are having like 5 different conversations at once and giggling like school girls over nothing. And now they're starting to spill [censored] everywhere. It looks like none of em can hold their liquor.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I know Mike was pretty pissed off that he got busted out, so his arguments were more based on emotion than logic. And I also know its generally a pretty bad idea to make sweeping generalizations about someone based on one comment or one play or anything like that.

But how can someone who seriously think he got RIVERED and got UNLUCKY with that K2 versus AJ hand, be a world class poker player? This is an amazingly glaring misunderstanding of the way the game works, in my opinion. Its one thing to bitch about bad beats or whatever, but seriously, you HAVE to realize you put your money in bad. You can complain about him calling, you never getting lucky, whatever, but to seriously complain about that as a BAD BEAT? Because the Q came on the river instead of, like, you not hitting your K?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't a bad beat, percentage-wise, but it was a bad beat the way it played out. The poker gods teased him to the point that his opponent was down to a four-outer. If that happens a lot to him, then it can wear on you. Of course, that's his point-of-view. I think he just conviently forgets his suckouts, etc.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Antonio didn't say anything bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you think it's okay to dis a man's relationship, then I guess you're in the same league with him.

What Antonion said was that he couldn't understand why Jennifer was with him, and that he gave them six months before she left him. He prefaced all this with some kind of crap that Jennifer didn't love him, that she was with him only because ... WHY? I didn't get the punch line.

In Phil's mind, Antonio was saying mean things. I agreed. What a tramp.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:39 PM

where does it say Mike Matusow is a world class poker player? the dude loses more money than he wins, the only difference is he just keeps playing, hell they gave him money to stay on HSP in one of the episodes. Just because this guy is on tv(same for Sheiky) doesn't make him better than some of us, give alot of us (including myself) 100k to work with and we'd be more profitable than some of these "pros" Some of them are amazing, Negreanu and Hellmuth typs, they know the game inside and out, and can read people, but some just either have money(sheiky) or don't really care if they end up with any(Mouth)

But for my money, this weeks episodes are very entertaining, you can learn alot watching these guys when they aren't as focused as normal, see how much they lie, etc...

Phil Laak for example, knows the math side of Hold Em inside and out, but isn't really nay better than any of us except for the fact he can afford to lose and we can't