Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Moving the challenge to start at 8:30 PM EST... what do you think?
No, leave it where it is, at 7:30 PM 15 37.50%
Yes, 8:30 pm is OK / Better for me 25 62.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: About Birthdays

MissT,

Now I ain't saying you a golddigger.....
Old 09-22-2007, 12:52 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I makes my own dollahs.

T
Old 09-22-2007, 12:56 PM

Am I the only guy that thought it was awesome when your parents rented a nintendo for your b'day when you were a kid? Like 10 bucks and it made my weekend each time.

fwiw I wasn't allowed to own a gaming system as it would destroy my mind as my parents said. (my bros and I had a hidden snes from like the age of 11-14 for me, but it was found by parents eventualy and sold)
Old 09-22-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HOWEVER, let the record show that she is one of the best kids out there and is not even close to being ANYTHING like a MTV Super Sweet Brat.

[/ QUOTE ]
This reads like a quote straight from every parent on that show. "Oh, but she's WORTH IT! I'm not spoiling her, I just want to give her the best!"
Old 09-22-2007, 01:00 PM

LOL, yeah, probably. But there are a few posters here that have actually met her and can attest to my statement. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

T
Old 09-22-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raised my daughter as a single, BROKE, parent for the first 10 years of her life.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
SO: dinner, possibly BJ if I'm feeling generous

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Now that I have the means

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think your allowance counts. Also, parents of brats always think that they are the only ones in the universe capable of spoiling their child w/o making her a brat.

Isn't the whole point of the quinceanera that it's the Spanish equivalent of a Sweet 16? and she's getting both? And wtf is a Sweet 13? I have a friend that got presents on his 1/2 birthday, your daughter sounds like him.

You say she's not a brat, so please conduct an experiment for me. Plant a hidden camera and then tell her that money is tight right now so the party is off or downgraded or something. Then we'll see how much of a brat she is.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:01 PM

MissT,

You say you go clubbin. I'm really struggling to imagine what a nightclub in Kingman looks like. I'm picturing a wooden shed with NASCAR posters on the inside, a boombox, some shotguns, and shot specials on Old Grand Dad. If this isn't right it has to be close.

EDIT: and Natty Light on tap LDO.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Low key dinner with a couple people. If others saw your table they wouldn't even know it was somebody's birthday

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't done anything more than this for anyone in years.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think most respondents in this thread, including the OP, are <25. Because after that one they're all pretty meh, except for the milestones like 30 and 40. In fact it seems a lot of people I know, especially women, try to downplay it cuz it makes them feel old. That doesn't stop most employers from passing a card around and meeting for cake in the conference room at 2PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:12 PM

wow miss t you sound horrible

there is no reason to spend 5k on a teenager for pretty much anything other than school or a car. holy christ.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:15 PM

*Shrugs*

I obviously have issues with money, but I honestly don't see anything wrong with splurging now that I'm able to. It's not just being dead broke the first 10 years of her life, but also growing up broke/poor myself. I remember the nights where popcorn was all we had for dinner. So if I want to spoil and splurge on my loved ones now that I can, why does that make me so horrible?

If I told my daughter right now that the party is cancelled, she would be dissapointed, but if I told her it was because of lack of funds/money, she would be totally OK with it, I know this because it's happened before and as soon as I say "...no money..." she totally understands.

We actually have downgraded her party already, from having a court of 10 people to having only VIP people. (This prevents me from having to buy the dresses for the girls and renting the tuxes for the guys).

T