Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 05:31 PM

Default Just saw Halloween (no spoilers)

And it was pretty [censored] awesome. I was really excited when I heard Rob Zombie was going to be directing the picture, and IMO he really delivered. Though in all honesty I was skeptical that the early look at Michael Myers would humanize him a bit too much, but all of that was tossed out in short time. The movie was EXTREMELY intense (saw a pretty decent amount of boobies too), and while it paralleled the original a decent enough amount, it wasn't so much that you could say "ah I've seen the first one,no reason to see this one", but enough so that you could recall specific lines and scenes from the original.

There were a couple of twists, but I won't discuss them here. If you're a fan of the series (disregarding 3,6 and on), or even just Rob Zombie, then you're definitely gonna wanna check it out. I won't claim that this movie is going to win any Academy Awards, but if you're like me and wanna spend your $7 to be thoroughly entertained/thrilled for 2 hours then this movie rates a 4.5-5/5 on my scale. There's also a preview for Saw 4 which is gonna be released Oct. 26, which I thought was cool
Old 08-31-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Just saw Halloween (no spoilers)

[ QUOTE ]
And it was pretty [censored] awesome. I was really excited when I heard Rob Zombie was going to be directing the picture, and IMO he really delivered. Though in all honesty I was skeptical that the early look at Michael Myers would humanize him a bit too much, but all of that was tossed out in short time. The movie was EXTREMELY intense (saw a pretty decent amount of boobies too), and while it paralleled the original a decent enough amount, it wasn't so much that you could say "ah I've seen the first one,no reason to see this one", but enough so that you could recall specific lines and scenes from the original.

There were a couple of twists, but I won't discuss them here. If you're a fan of the series (disregarding 3,6 and on), or even just Rob Zombie, then you're definitely gonna wanna check it out. I won't claim that this movie is going to win any Academy Awards, but if you're like me and wanna spend your $7 to be thoroughly entertained/thrilled for 2 hours then this movie rates a 4.5-5/5 on my scale. There's also a preview for Saw 4 which is gonna be released Oct. 26, which I thought was cool

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree completely. H1 is my favorite horrow movie and i was pumped that zombie got to throw his twist on it.

he did a damn fine job, i was very impressed since i'm pretty hardcore about carpenter's version.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:25 PM

ok, so i dunno about even posting on this one b/c the Halloween movies scare the sh-t outta me. The song alone creeps me out! This is a long, long scare i've had since i was 10 babysitting w/my bestfriend and we watched Halloween 2 on HBO and i swear, i've never slept the same since. I can't hardly watch movies w/jamie lee curtis! Saw Halloween 4 on a DATE and i was about to come unglued (which made me just wanna go home!). BUT my point is when i had heard Rob Zombie was remaking this, i was excited and frightened at the same time...but i'm freakin SO curious about it! I wanna know HOW scary is it?? Like the original? I swear i have chills just writing this. I wanna see it but i SO DO NOT!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, so i dunno about even posting on this one b/c the Halloween movies scare the sh-t outta me. The song alone creeps me out! This is a long, long scare i've had since i was 10 babysitting w/my bestfriend and we watched Halloween 2 on HBO and i swear, i've never slept the same since. I can't hardly watch movies w/jamie lee curtis! Saw Halloween 4 on a DATE and i was about to come unglued (which made me just wanna go home!). BUT my point is when i had heard Rob Zombie was remaking this, i was excited and frightened at the same time...but i'm freakin SO curious about it! I wanna know HOW scary is it?? Like the original? I swear i have chills just writing this. I wanna see it but i SO DO NOT!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

this post indicates that you want to see it. You HAVE to see it. The movie was [censored] awesome, just quit being soft and do it now. I started watching Halloween movies when I was (literally) 5 or 6 years old, and that may explain why I'm so [censored] in the head, but I've always loved the music, the mask, etc. Rob Zombie took one of my favorite movies and made it something greater...
Old 09-01-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There were a couple of twists, but I won't discuss them here. If you're a fan of the series (disregarding 3,6 and on), or even just Rob Zombie, then you're definitely gonna wanna check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disregard Halloween III? This was the most creative and refreshing chapter in the entire mess. Give me Tom Atkins' & Daniel O'Herlihy's stellar acting performances over Curtis' annoying screaming any day. Easily O'Herlihy's best performance outside Robocop flicks. Halloween III is a clear bona fide classic. Disregard? I don't think so...
Old 09-01-2007, 10:03 AM

Halloween 3 was awesome. So were 1 and 2, and 4 was good. I can't wait to see Zombie's version.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:35 AM

H2O is lol. Gets points for featuring a slew of awful late 90s teen stars.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There were a couple of twists, but I won't discuss them here. If you're a fan of the series (disregarding 3,6 and on), or even just Rob Zombie, then you're definitely gonna wanna check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disregard Halloween III? This was the most creative and refreshing chapter in the entire mess. Give me Tom Atkins' & Daniel O'Herlihy's stellar acting performances over Curtis' annoying screaming any day. Easily O'Herlihy's best performance outside Robocop flicks. Halloween III is a clear bona fide classic. Disregard? I don't think so...

[/ QUOTE ]

it had zero to do with Michael Myers and shouldnt have even been in the Halloween series
Old 09-01-2007, 12:42 PM

It was co-produced by John Carpenter and Michael Myers was officially "dead" at the time. That's reason enough...
Old 09-08-2007, 06:07 PM

I wasn't that crazy about the remake. The first one scared the crap outta me but I was of course much younger. I didn't like that they made him more human in this one, to me the original premise that he had no soul made it so much more creepy. It wasn't a horrible movie (like All In) or anything, but I don't think it was nearly as good as the original.