Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Massacre at NYNY

Honestly, I hate all the speculation that happens with any murder/rampage. I think the media hypes it up beyond sensibility like during the VT massacre where they reported Cho was using machine guns (handguns actually).

Just so you know, there is over 500k machine guns in the USA (a lot more silencers). These are available to most civilians in most states. Only 1 has been used in a crime and it was done by a bad cop.

You are much more likely to be killed by a simple revolver or beaten to death. Only 3% of murders happen with "assault-weapons" ... which usually means painted black with folding stock [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I hate all the speculation that happens with any murder/rampage. I think the media hypes it up beyond sensibility like during the VT massacre where they reported Cho was using machine guns (handguns actually).

Just so you know, there is over 500k machine guns in the USA (a lot more silencers). These are available to most civilians in most states. Only 1 has been used in a crime and it was done by a bad cop.

You are much more likely to be killed by a simple revolver or beaten to death. Only 3% of murders happen with "assault-weapons" ... which usually means painted black with folding stock [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

your 1st post revealing extensive knowledge (w/ stats and percentages) of assault weapons is disturbing...
Old 07-06-2007, 09:43 AM

Ban all "assault-weapons"
Old 07-06-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf
Old 07-06-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

your 1st post revealing extensive knowledge (w/ stats and percentages) of assault weapons is disturbing...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Anyone who has ever sensibly looked into the gun debate knows this.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:47 AM

I had to make a post sometime =) I read these forums all the time but never signed up. Gun issues are something I feel strongly about and I was watching Foxnews and they did the "...questions still need to be answer, like how did he obtain the weapons... did his parents spank him .... was this a result of MTV"

I really hate the media's over-examination of every single violent crime
Old 07-06-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder what a horrible life it would be if one of my main foci were the defense of assault weapons.

Your first post here was excellent. I feel much better-informed now, and am actively considering purchasing an assault rifle for my nephew, based upon the fact that they are so safe.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:49 AM

whateva happened to crayzay?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. Anyone who has ever sensibly looked into the gun debate knows this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhmmm...I just want to point out that this is incredibly incorrect. Machine guns have been used in a lot more than 1 crime. I have personal knowledge of at least 5 incidents in which fully automatic weapons were used in a crime. I imagine it's happened a few other times as well. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2007, 09:58 AM

I am talking about legally owned ones. You need a class III weapon licence to purchase one (plus they are expensive as hell).

Everyone knows the MS-13 and other gangs have imported machineguns into CA and used them on cops.
Closed Thread