Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Stephon Marbury Inteview....

Should the Knicks trade David Lee for Ron Artest? I'm probably in the minority but I say yes. I think Lee has a ceiling as a player and will never be a 20 point scorer. Then the Knicks can trade Eddy Curry and a bunch of draft picks for Kevin Garnett and you can ship the shiny stuff to the Knicks in 2008.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:01 PM

ahahahhaa
Old 07-06-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isiah: That's an excellent question. The key is to make people believe you're trying something that's never been done before. In my case, I always try to acquire the best guy in the trade, regardless of whether it's a good deal or not -- then I can say I'm "stockpiling assets," which throws people off the trail a little bit. Then, I like to float big names to reporters … like right now, I'm making it seem like KG is a possibility for us, and that's why I'm gathering all of these assets. But I don't have a chance in hell of getting KG. If Minnesota trades KG, it's going to be for cap space, picks and young players, and we can't give them two of those three things. So they would never deal with us ---.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-06-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Isiah: That's an excellent question. The key is to make people believe you're trying something that's never been done before. In my case, I always try to acquire the best guy in the trade, regardless of whether it's a good deal or not -- then I can say I'm "stockpiling assets," which throws people off the trail a little bit. Then, I like to float big names to reporters … like right now, I'm making it seem like KG is a possibility for us, and that's why I'm gathering all of these assets. But I don't have a chance in hell of getting KG. If Minnesota trades KG, it's going to be for cap space, picks and young players, and we can't give them two of those three things. So they would never deal with us ---.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In theory that should be true, but remember, Kevin McHale is running the T-Wolves.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:03 PM

That made me kind of sad, he is like a dumb little kid that needs someone to pay attention to him.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:03 PM

i mean he was on something... at the least marijuana... so i jus thought it was funny... i also liked how he didn't answer the quick question thing cus he said it didn't take him time to think... if i was an athlete i would do interviews like this alot... he is pretty stupid tho sigh
Old 07-07-2007, 10:36 PM

Somebody with video skills needs to grab the screenshot of Marbury's face just before he goes into his dancing-in-his-seat routine. I'd rock it for my av.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In theory that should be true, but remember, Kevin McHale is running the T-Wolves.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Thomas: That's why, as I said before, I like to float out rumors that we're "arming ourselves with assets" to make a run at guys we could never realistically get -- like KG, Kobe or LeBron -- because it gives our fans hope. They think we have a chance at those guys, when the teams that actually have a chance are the Bulls, Clippers, Hornets, Bobcats, Celtics or anyone else with valuable young players and multiple picks. You really think I could get KG this summer for Jalen's contract, Channing Frye, David Lee and a 2012 No. 1 pick? Come on.

McHale: You're doing it again, it's like you're deliberately testing me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-08-2007, 03:30 AM

That was just crazy. Even high people have filters - the strange tangents and dancing reminded me of people I've seen on shrooms more than just high. Is he always this strange?

So much craziness, the dancing, spending so much time harping Dallas (not SA?) when asked about his own team, dimes =! assists (steals?), Zach bringing up the ball and shooting right handed ... wow.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:48 AM

An embarrassment to the black race