Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 04-17-2007, 08:49 PM

Default live 2-4 hand: multiway with 8\'s on J-high board

opened for $14, one cold-caller, I call on button with red 8's, BB calls. flop Jc4c3. checked, pf cold-callersbets $15, I make it $45. BB calls, pfr folds, original flop bettor calls. turn offsuit 6. BB goes all-in for $40. flop bettor calls. I make it $160.

I don't really have any reads except that people in this game are usually terrible, passive, tricky, and terrible.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: live 2-4 hand: multiway with 8\'s on J-high board

I would just call the flop donk bet and given how you got to the turn um probably just call
Old 04-18-2007, 12:42 AM

Is this for real? Fold everywhere after the flop...ew. Two opponents, two different aggressors, and hero has second pair. WTF is with committing ANY money here?

- C -
Old 04-18-2007, 01:13 AM

id suggest you stop looking down on everybody else's play and try to fix your own. this is beyond gross.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
id suggest you stop looking down on everybody else's play and try to fix your own. this is beyond gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this directed at me?
Old 04-18-2007, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
opened for $14, one cold-caller, I call on button with red 8's, BB calls. flop Jc4c3. checked, pf cold-callersbets $15, I make it $45. BB calls, pfr folds, original flop bettor calls. turn offsuit 6. BB goes all-in for $40. flop bettor calls. I make it $160.

I don't really have any reads except that people in this game are usually terrible, passive, tricky, and terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

My reasoning was pretty simple. I figured the $15 bet was not a strong hand and I had a good chance to take it down on the flop. Calling a bet and a raise OOP from the second player sounds like a draw to me. Bettor calling seems like he's praying his weak hand will hold up, or he's on a draw too. Turn card doesn't change anything unless first player hit a gutshot, and due to his stack size I thought he just put in what he had because he knew he would have to call it anyway. 2nd player making another weak call tells me again that he has either a draw or a weak made hand like a jack ten, and either way I would want to raise.

Will one of you geniuses who says my play is gross/terrible/etc please enlighten me?